[DOCKER] ownCloud is here!

I can access my ownCloud web login interface page but none of my user logins work. It doesn't say anything like incorrect password. It just erases the password and refreshes the page. I am running 9.0.

The only thing I did recently was enable the Docs plugin from within the ownCloud GUI.

Is there a way to disable the plugin(s) from a config file or something? Or is there another solution I can try.

<<UPDATE - 05/01/16 - 08:41 PM CST>> I backed up my data files and deleted everything. Removed the container and image from Docker. Reinstalled the docker from scratch and I still have the same issue, cannot login. It has been working fine.

I have tried from other laptops and phones and multiple browsers. i have tried clearing cache and history.

I have the exact same problem! How Did you fix this? Im running Linuxserver.io version.

Thanks

Didn't yet.

I was actually running their version too. Only because Maria is built in to the container. I joined their forum and haven't got any support as of yet. I haven't been approved to post comments as of 3 days now. And there is no thread for owncloud yet on lime forums or lsio forums.

I have not fixed the issue. I have removed all traces of owncloud on any share, disk, and cache and started over from scratch. I get the initial setup page. Enter required criteria and it builds the database. I can verify all the info was built into the config files.

However, when I go back to the login page, same issue. Password disappears and page is refreshed.

I cannot for the life of me think of any place a file would be hiding that would retain information to keep this error returning after a fresh install.

My next adventure is to start Docker itself from scratch. I only have Plex, mumble and owncloud running so it wont be a lengthy process. I'll post my outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply Squid. I've been there. When I didn't see a link for owncloud there at first (I know it's in Beta) I posted in the MariaDB thread just because of the semi-relationship. I did mention in the post to please move or delete it if it was a problem being there.

I've been back playing around gfjardim's container and getting it to work with MariaDB.

Going to play around with LSIO's on one of my other array's. It's just that the problem is really weird and I'm not sure what could be making it hang around if I deleted everything.

PS - I wasn't throwing any negativity on the response time of any forum. Just giving a timeline of recent events. I know 99% of us on here tinker with this as a side project/hobby. Thanks for all past and future help.

Thanks for the reply Squid. I've been there. When I didn't see a link for owncloud there at first (I know it's in Beta) I posted in the MariaDB thread just because of the semi-relationship. I did mention in the post to please move or delete it if it was a problem being there.

I've been back playing around gfjardim's container and getting it to work with MariaDB.

Going to play around with LSIO's on one of my other array's. It's just that the problem is really weird and I'm not sure what could be making it hang around if I deleted everything.

PS - I wasn't throwing any negativity on the response time of any forum. Just giving a timeline of recent events. I know 99% of us on here tinker with this as a side project/hobby. Thanks for all past and future help.

Support threads (as determined by CA / the repositories thread) are all determined by the authors themselves and when there isn't a dedicated thread for the app the authors all know that the appropriate thread is the announcement / General support thread for the repo as a whole.)

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

OwnCloud Login loop can be fixed!

Didn't yet.

I was actually running their version too. Only because Maria is built in to the container. I joined their forum and haven't got any support as of yet. I haven't been approved to post comments as of 3 days now. And there is no thread for owncloud yet on lime forums or lsio forums.

I have not fixed the issue. I have removed all traces of owncloud on any share, disk, and cache and started over from scratch. I get the initial setup page. Enter required criteria and it builds the database. I can verify all the info was built into the config files.

However, when I go back to the login page, same issue. Password disappears and page is refreshed.

I cannot for the life of me think of any place a file would be hiding that would retain information to keep this error returning after a fresh install.

My next adventure is to start Docker itself from scratch. I only have Plex, mumble and owncloud running so it wont be a lengthy process. I'll post my outcome.

OK I found the file and the fix!

login into the docker bash from the terminal with this command

docker exec -it owncloud /bin/bash

Now you are inside of the docker. Time to edit the request.php file with nano

nano /config/www/owncloud/lib/private/appframework/http/request.php

When you get the file open use CTRL + W to find this string

public function __isset($name) {

Then after that line add these 3 lines, of perfection! :)

if (in_array($name, $this->allowedKeys, true)) {
return true;
}

Have Fun!

My linixserver.io Owncloud failed to login today too, I tried editing that file with nano, saved and restarted the docker but it's still not allowing me to login.

I'm wondering if I'd be better off installing a Linux VM to run the OwnCloud server natively so that it can update without shitting the bed :-) I've become heavily reliant upon it and need the stability.

My linixserver.io Owncloud failed to login today too, I tried editing that file with nano, saved and restarted the docker but it's still not allowing me to login.

I'm wondering if I'd be better off installing a Linux VM to run the OwnCloud server natively so that it can update without shitting the bed :-) I've become heavily reliant upon it and need the stability.

If you do, post a how to, i am interested as my docker is also broken,

Setting up an ArchLinux KVM instance looked too complicated for me, I read a bit about it and quickly gave up.

Fortunately I had a RaspberryPi 3 laying around so I've turned that into a dedicated OwnCloud server with valid SSL certs etc. I have the Owncloud datastore on the Pi mapped to my Unraid Owncloud share and everything is working beautifully.

Getting the Pi setup was trivial, I found several guides online and now have an up-to-date OwnCloud installation that I can backup and control myself. If the beta docker in Linuxserver.IO's repostory every makes it into the support channel I'll probably switch back, Owncloud is actually quite easy to move around once you grasp its structure.

Follow up: I had a couple of hours free today so I installed a KVM instance of Debian, it was actually very straight forward. After the install I mounted my OwnCloud share from the Unraid host, Installed OwnCloud 9.0.2 and configured everything. It was a very smooth process compared to my previous failure at attempting this with Arch Linux (Tagline: Linux for masochists)  :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for you instructions net2wire.  My docker ended up stuck in Maintenance Mode after the upgrade and your steps helped me out.

I try to install ownCloud to my unRAID, installation is smoothly, but when I try to connect from web

no go ...

dogbowl used your instruction to install. I try to find your instruction but I don't it in this thread. Can you point to the link ?

Thanks for you instructions net2wire.  My docker ended up stuck in Maintenance Mode after the upgrade and your steps helped me out.

I try to install ownCloud to my unRAID, installation is smoothly, but when I try to connect from web

no go ...

dogbowl used your instruction to install. I try to find your instruction but I don't it in this thread. Can you point to the link ?

Hello. I think you're looking for this...?

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=33891.msg410758#msg410758

Hope this helps.

BTW, it takes ownCloud a while to access login screen while setting up it's encryption, usually 20 to 40 minutes.

no go ...

Hope this helps.

BTW, it takes ownCloud a while to access login screen while setting up it's encryption, usually 20 to 40 minutes.

Thanks for the link, but I still struggle with ownCloud. when I run ownCloud with webUI , I get message as:

Your connection is not secure

The owner of 192.168.xxx.xxx has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

192.168.xxx.xxx:8000 uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because it is self-signed. The certificate is only valid for yourhome.com Error code: SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER

How do I create security certificate ?

no go ...

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the link, but I still struggle with ownCloud. when I run ownCloud with webUI , I get message as:

Your connection is not secure

The owner of 192.168.xxx.xxx has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

192.168.xxx.xxx:8000 uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because it is self-signed. The certificate is only valid for yourhome.com Error code: SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER

How do I create security certificate ?

That's normal because the security certificate is self signed.  The browser is telling you this so you can make the decision to continue to the website.  There should be a way for the browser to let you accept the certificate anyway and move on.  In Chrome, there is an advanced tab that you click and you are then given the opportunity to accept the certificate and go to the website.

• 2 weeks later...

Follow up: I had a couple of hours free today so I installed a KVM instance of Debian, it was actually very straight forward. After the install I mounted my OwnCloud share from the Unraid host, Installed OwnCloud 9.0.2 and configured everything. It was a very smooth process compared to my previous failure at attempting this with Arch Linux (Tagline: Linux for masochists)  :-)

An easier way to do it is with an Nginx or Apache container and a MariaDB container...

I noticed that the drive that has the share on it that owncloud stores data on will never spin down. Is that normal behavior or have I messed up the settings? Or do most people just store all their cloud on the cache disk so the data disks can spin down? The strange thing is Ive installed Open Files and even though owncloud is keeping the disk spun up, there is no sign of folder mounts or files in use from that disk.

Thanks for any input.

• 3 weeks later...

Not likely. Lead developers of owncloud left and started their own project (Nextcloud). Owncloud closed their US office.

I don't see how this should in any way affect:

1. the current and continued development of owncloud,

2. the ability to update this docker by the original docker creator to the latest stable release: 9.0.3.

As most of us are, we are truly grateful for the talented developers that have provided these dockers, but it's very disconcerting that an app that is used by so many users and has had support until now is all of the sudden a dead app. The original creator of this docker should at the very least address her/his intent to continue or end support.

The official owncloud docker app is available on CA (and has been forever) (Bungy's repository) which pulls 9.02 (as of today). 

EDIT: According the the owncloud website 9.03 was released yesterday, and owncloud hasn't even updated their docker container yet.

If you choose to stick with owncloud and not switch, then you really should cut some gfjardim some slack.

Not likely. Lead developers of owncloud left and started their own project (Nextcloud). Owncloud closed their US office.

I don't see how this should in any way affect:

1. the current and continued development of owncloud,

Most of their developers (if not all) left and started their own new project (open source). And their creditors (banks) pulled credit support. So owncloud lost their devs and their cash. It is unlikely that they will recover. Most users will eventually move onto Nextcloud.

2. the ability to update this docker by the original docker creator to the latest stable release: 9.0.3.

As most of us are, we are truly grateful for the talented developers that have provided these dockers, but it's very disconcerting that an app that is used by so many users and has had support until now is all of the sudden a dead app. The original creator of this docker should at the very least address her/his intent to continue or end support.

If I were the developer of this container, I wouldn't put more effort into a project that is on its last leg. Keeping owncloud up to date has always been a struggle, even on a vanilla ubuntu install that I myself experienced, I can imagine it would much more complicated in a docker container. I can't speak for the dev, but if it were me, I would advise users to move onto Nextcloud. And if I wanted to continue maintaining a container for file sync & share, I would start working on nextcloud, but that's just me