Docker requests

After reading it deeper I frealised it's not waht I'm thinking of.

I thought of 1 docker container that has nzbdrone, sickrage, couch potato, transmission, flexget and headphones all together.  So instead of needed 6 containers, I just use 1.

They all pretty much work together to produce a desired result.

I'm assuming as single container would mean less HD requirement and less memory requirement. But maybe I don't understand the unerlying advantages of Docker and it makes no sense.

After reading it deeper I frealised it's not waht I'm thinking of.

I thought of 1 docker container that has nzbdrone, sickrage, couch potato, transmission, flexget and headphones all together.  So instead of needed 6 containers, I just use 1.

They all pretty much work together to produce a desired result.

I'm assuming as single container would mean less HD requirement and less memory requirement. But maybe I don't understand the unerlying advantages of Docker and it makes no sense.

I think you have the ember of a good idea but are bringing a bit of "old skool VM baggage to the party" as they say :) Docker should ideally be one container one thing. It doesnt techncially have to be but it should. That way if say you want two nzbdrones you can just run the same container twice with a single command line change.

This touches on where the uNRAID addon works well as the templates allow you to start a generic container is a way that is specific to your requirements. The next logical step would be meta templates which essentially bring a suite a suite of containers online in a way that they all work together.

It is far from impossible and likely something that will happen I would guess.

p.s. one containier doing 6 things is pretty much the same as 6 containers doing one thing..... thats another major advantage docker brings to the table over VMs.

Re: Apcupsd

I have this installed via unmenu.  I don't think it's working right. I only get emails when power is restored.  Should I be using a plugin instead?  If so, where can I find it?

Nevermind this... turns out I had one important device not attached to my UPS... my network switch... that way the only message that went out was the one when power was restored.

Sorted.  Nothing to see here :)

No more off topic posts please

Okay  :D

Has anyone tried making a docker for makeMKV?  I know there is a linux version, but it looks like it needs compiled, and they usually have a new version about once/month, so it probably will need 'constant' maintenance.  I'm not sure if building one will be easy or good, but I'd really like to put the work of creating my mkv files onto my unRAID box, and not have to continue doing it on my laptop, over wifi, which takes forever.

maybe this helps one get started...

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2047

I have latest makemkvcon installed on unraid, still playing with it........ But it looks good.

Has there been progress on the makemkv docker or otherwise?

How about a pxe server

Did you try this: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=31297.0 ?

I will create a badass PXE Server that uses Tiny Core Linux and a HTTP Server (faster than tftpboot) for Menus and isos / images. I will work on it tomorrow and post it for all of you to test.

Perhaps gfjardim wouldn't mind creating a slick WebGUI for adding / removing images and configuring the PXE Menu. I can get it close but he will need to take it the last mile.

NOTE: I am not going to support this long term so one of you will have to take it and own it.

Looking forward for your new PXE Server, I'm using the tftp one based on your instructions posted several months ago and I'm very happy with it.

Thank you!

I also am currently using the PXE Server and boot clonezilla via PXE along with a couple of other apps.

I came across this and this would be an excellent PXE server and HD cloning utility.  Is there an docker expert that could roll this into a docker format?

http://www.fogproject.org/

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed the Syncthing template from gfjardim but i can not connect to the web-ui. I get the "no connection possible" error in Chrome and Firefox. It is set to port 8080, i tried it with 8080 or changing the redirect to another port. All redirects for my other dockers are working.

Could this be because unMENU is already using 8080?!

Any logs i can provide?

Sep 22 23:45:01 conchulio php: /usr/bin/docker stop Syncthing
Sep 22 23:45:02 conchulio php: Syncthing
Sep 22 23:45:02 conchulio php: 
Sep 22 23:45:02 conchulio avahi-daemon[2286]: Withdrawing workstation service for veth0b90.
Sep 22 23:45:03 conchulio kernel: docker0: port 6(veth0b90) entered disabled state
Sep 22 23:45:03 conchulio kernel: device veth0b90 left promiscuous mode
Sep 22 23:45:03 conchulio kernel: docker0: port 6(veth0b90) entered disabled state
Sep 22 23:45:13 conchulio php: /usr/bin/docker start Syncthing
Sep 22 23:45:13 conchulio kernel: device vethcac0 entered promiscuous mode
Sep 22 23:45:13 conchulio kernel: docker0: port 6(vethcac0) entered forwarding state
Sep 22 23:45:13 conchulio kernel: docker0: port 6(vethcac0) entered forwarding state
Sep 22 23:45:13 conchulio kernel: docker0: port 6(vethcac0) entered disabled state
Sep 22 23:45:13 conchulio avahi-daemon[2286]: Withdrawing workstation service for veth01b9.
Sep 22 23:45:13 conchulio php: Syncthing
Sep 22 23:45:13 conchulio php: 
Sep 22 23:45:28 conchulio kernel: docker0: port 6(vethcac0) entered forwarding state

I just installed the Syncthing template from gfjardim but i can not connect to the web-ui. I get the "no connection possible" error in Chrome and Firefox. It is set to port 8080, i tried it with 8080 or changing the redirect to another port. All redirects for my other dockers are working.

Could this be because unMENU is already using 8080?!

Any logs i can provide?

Sep 22 23:45:01 conchulio php: /usr/bin/docker stop Syncthing
Sep 22 23:45:02 conchulio php: Syncthing
Sep 22 23:45:02 conchulio php: 
Sep 22 23:45:02 conchulio avahi-daemon[2286]: Withdrawing workstation service for veth0b90.
Sep 22 23:45:03 conchulio kernel: device veth0b90 left promiscuous mode
Sep 22 23:45:13 conchulio php: /usr/bin/docker start Syncthing
Sep 22 23:45:13 conchulio kernel: device vethcac0 entered promiscuous mode
Sep 22 23:45:13 conchulio kernel: docker0: port 6(vethcac0) entered disabled state
Sep 22 23:45:13 conchulio avahi-daemon[2286]: Withdrawing workstation service for veth01b9.
Sep 22 23:45:13 conchulio php: Syncthing
Sep 22 23:45:13 conchulio php: 
Sep 22 23:45:28 conchulio kernel: docker0: port 6(vethcac0) entered forwarding state

If your unMenu is set to use port 8080, you should set the host port of the container to anything but. Just remembering, Syncthing uses HTTPS  in the webui.

I have changed the unmenu port to 81. But i still get "page unavailable" for syncthing. Doesnt matter if i use port 8080 (with or without https) or if i redirect the port to say 44444 and try with or without https.

Any ideas? Is it working for anybody else?

Please post the log of your container. (Please open another thread.)