Docker requests

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 18.7.2016 at 0:15 PM, dartworth said:

Just a few requests here.

Mayan EDMS - https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms-docker

Free Open Source DMS (document management system).

Paperless - https://github.com/danielquinn/paperless/

Scan, index, and archive all of your paper documents

Read the Docs - https://github.com/rtfd/readthedocs.org

Thanks

A Paperless docker would be awesome. It's on Docker Hub, but I have not been able to make any sense of that.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2017 at 10:03 AM, mjorud said:

A Paperless docker would be awesome. It's on Docker Hub, but I have not been able to make any sense of that.

Yea, I gave the Paperless docker on the hub a try and failed horribly.  I hope someone way smarter than me will figure it out soon!

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
1 minute ago, Ray said:

Logicaldoc docker would be amazing!  There is already a docker container set up but I don't know how to install it outside of the way unRAID does it. https://hub.docker.com/r/logicaldoc/logicaldoc-ce-mysql/builds/

I'll pay someone to do this, just send me a message. 

Community Applications will let you try to install a docker from docker hub in just the same way it lets you install dockers from this forum. See the CA thread for details

On 8/24/2016 at 5:16 AM, Jammie said:

I would like to second this request for Mayan EDMS.

There's currently a Docker container on docker hub (source on GitLab) but it doesn't support upgrading. I'm currently looking into it myself, but I think someone with more docker experience would be able to do it easily.

I know this is an old post but I was able to install the Mayan EDMS docker on unRAID.  I passed shares to it so the files would be stored outside the docker.  So far it seems to be working great.  I would be happy to share a screenshot of the settings if anyone would like to see it.

• Upvote 1
On 1/25/2018 at 3:34 PM, Ray said:

I know this is an old post but I was able to install the Mayan EDMS docker on unRAID.  I passed shares to it so the files would be stored outside the docker.  So far it seems to be working great.  I would be happy to share a screenshot of the settings if anyone would like to see it.

Hi Ray,

I'm keen to see a screenshot of your settings as I've had no success getting Mayan installed.

Cheers,

Dean

1 hour ago, Naed said:

Hi Ray,

I'm keen to see a screenshot of your settings as I've had no success getting Mayan installed.

Cheers,

Dean

I would be happy to send the screenshot but I ended up moving to a VM and installed it with MySql.  The built in database just couldn't keep up with the document load.  

2 minutes ago, Ray said:

I would be happy to send the screenshot but I ended up moving to a VM and installed it with MySql.  The built in database just couldn't keep up with the document load.  

Cool, thanks anyway.  I might try the VM route instead as I'll likely hit the same issue.  I have a feeling I'll need to add some RAM though as I only have 3GB.  Off to the store I guess.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.mymediaalexa.com/

They finally have a Linux version in BETA, would be great to have a Docker.  This apps allows you to play your local media collection through the Alexa using voice commands.  I have messed with it on Windows, and it's pretty cool, not sure how stable the Linux version is, but it's worthy of a Docker.

Thank you for your consideration.

On 1/24/2018 at 1:21 AM, Ray said:

way

3 hours ago, jbear said:

https://www.mymediaalexa.com/

They finally have a Linux version in BETA, would be great to have a Docker.  This apps allows you to play your local media collection through the Alexa using voice commands.  I have messed with it on Windows, and it's pretty cool, not sure how stable the Linux version is, but it's worthy of a Docker.

Thank you for your consideration.

I could take a stab at this if you are able to find me the Linux install directions (not the raspberry pi directions).

thanks

6 minutes ago, hernandito said:

I could take a stab at this if you are able to find me the Linux install directions (not the raspberry pi directions).

thanks

I'd be careful about this @hernandito  it's not open source software.  Interpret the EULA carefully before you publish anything.

2 PERMITTED LICENSE USE AND RESTRICTIONS
Bizmodeller Limited hereby gives End User a non-exclusive license to use the Software. The Software is subject to an agreement between Bizmodeller and End User obligating that End User return or destroy all copies of the Software unless End User purchases a subscription for the My Media for Alexa service after the expiration of the Trial Period; such Trial Period not to exceed thirty (7) days. Ongoing use of the Software requires a subscription for the My Media for Alexa service after the Trial Period otherwise the Software will reduce in functionality or stop running. A subscription for the My Media for Alexa service can be purchased by following instructions prompted by the Software. You may:

use the Software on multiple computers;
copy the Software for archival purposes, provided any copy contains all of the original Software's proprietary notices.
You may not:

permit other individuals to use the Software except under the terms listed above;
modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble (except to the extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction),
create derivative works based on the Software;
copy the Software (except as specified above);
rent, sell, lend, lease, redistribute, sublicense, transfer or otherwise transfer rights to the Software;
remove any proprietary notices or labels on the Software.
To the extent that the Software may be used to reproduce materials, such use is limited to reproduction of non-copyrighted materials, materials in which you own the copyright, or materials you are authorized or legally permitted to reproduce.

43 minutes ago, hernandito said:

thanks

CHBMB

Contacted developer ..  See below.

On 11 May 2018, at 21:54, Jonas Bearbower wrote:

Any plans to release a DOCKERIZED (www.docker.com) version of your program?  Many of use are using UNRAID, QNAP or other DOCKER capable NAS devices, a dockerized version of your software is the ideal way to go.  Your end user agreement does not appear to be open to someone dockerizing your existing Linux beta version, as it may not comply with the EULA.

------------------------------------------------------------

Yup we have one in beta, would you be interested in testing it?

Many thanks

Ed

My Media for Alexa

Edited by jbear

My Media Alexa (got it working in a Ubuntu Server VM)

I was able to install and run it in an existing Ubuntu Server VM by:

Putty into the command line of your VM and create a folder "/mnt/music"

wget https://s3.amazonaws.com/bizmodeller/MyMediaForAlexa/Release+1.3.74.0/mymedia_1.3.74.0-1_amd64.deb
sudo dpkg -i mymedia_1.3.74.0-1_amd64.deb

Edit fstab file by:

sudo nano /etc/fstab

Insert the line:

//192.168.0.201/Media/Music  /mnt/music  cifs  rw,guest,uid=root,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,noperm 0 0

Change the first part to your unRAID's IP address and the share where your music resides. I don't have any security on the unRAID. If you have security, you will need to change the other parts of my line above. Save the file and then mount the share by:

sudo mount -a

Now you can access the web interface via: http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:52051, where x's are your VM's ip address. Then follow the directions and add your media folder /mnt/music.

I have tested it and it works perfectly for me.

I am a bit rusty in my Docker skills. For me, the tricky part is to make a docker that will get any software updates and survive re-installs.

The folder that contains the user configured files is:

/opt/mymedia/.MyMediaForAlexa/

I will attempt to bone up my Docker skills over the next week or so... but if you are a good Docker template guy, please go for it. The above will help.

Download the tarball

Then

# docker import mymedia_docker-1.3.75.0-1_amd64.tar mymedia:1.3.75.0
# docker tag mymedia:1.3.75.0 mymedia:latest

This now gives you a local docker images named mymedia:latest (with a version'd tag to roll back incase the next one doesn't quite work out)

From here you can do manual docker run commands or build a template.

1 hour ago, ken-ji said:

Download the tarball

Then

# docker import mymedia_docker-1.3.75.0-1_amd64.tar mymedia:1.3.75.0
# docker tag mymedia:1.3.75.0 mymedia:latest

This now gives you a local docker images named mymedia:latest (with a version'd tag to roll back incase the next one doesn't quite work out)

I am completely lost on how to end up with a Docker file like the ones created in github and build on the docker-hub web site.

This is the "binary" way of publishing docker images without providing a Dockerfile(source) or the registry (hub.docker.com) - the tar is actually just the entire filesystem and some control metadata files for entrypoint, exposed ports, volumes, etc.

Its almost similar to a repo in hub.docker.com where you manually do

docker push mydocker/docker:latest

So if the devs gave you this tarball, that usually means the stuff they put in is not yet published (will not be published) for public use/reuse.

Its like you created an emby/embyserver container (let's call it Emby) with docker run

then you stop the container, and then export a tarball with

docker export Emby -o Emby.tar

Thank you Ken-ji.

Now I understand the concept of the file being a complete system and that they don't want you to mess with it.

What I cannot figure is how to create a template, and where does the template point to for this tar file.

I will leave this to savvier others to create the unRAID template.

Thanks again,

H.

Edited by hernandito
Download the tarball
Then
# docker import mymedia_docker-1.3.75.0-1_amd64.tar mymedia:1.3.75.0# docker tag mymedia:1.3.75.0 mymedia:latest

We'll learn something new every day.

Never seen a container distributed in it's component layers before.