Docker requests

24 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Only if you're prepared to host the private docker registry and the company who sent you those files don't mind you redistributing them.

Well, not really, as you can push the docker image to the public repo. (hub.docker.com)

and you can create a template file, stick it in the USB and have it refer to the local docker image (at least I don't think there are checks in the WebUI)

but even then, you can run the docker image from the CLI and then you'd be golden... but yeah, its all up to yourself if you want it need it.

10 minutes ago, ken-ji said:

Well, not really, as you can push the docker image to the public repo. (hub.docker.com)

and you can create a template file, stick it in the USB and have it refer to the local docker image (at least I don't think there are checks in the WebUI)

but even then, you can run the docker image from the CLI and then you'd be golden... but yeah, its all up to yourself if you want it need it.

Thought that image was for hosting your own private repo?  Didn't realise it syndicated with the hub.  Agreed a template file would work like that, removing the need for CLI.

Point remains though that this software isn't owned by @jbear and pushing it into the public domain isn't the solution here.

32 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Thought that image was for hosting your own private repo?  Didn't realise it syndicated with the hub.  Agreed a template file would work like that, removing the need for CLI.

Point remains though that this software isn't owned by @jbear and pushing it into the public domain isn't the solution here.

The docker registry image is for running your own registry. What I meant is that the tar image, once installed to your local docker system, can be pushed to a public (or private) repo.

But yeah - we should get the devs OK before we attempt such a thing. was @jbear actually allowed to share the download links? But for those who really want it, they can work out the docker run command and share that. :D

1 minute ago, ken-ji said:

The docker registry image is for running your own registry. What I meant is that the tar image, once installed to your local docker system, can be pushed to a public (or private) repo.

But yeah - we should get the devs OK before we attempt such a thing. was @jbear actually allowed to share the download links? But for those who really want it, they can work out the docker run command and share that. :D

I was asked if I wanted to try the beta docker, I was NOT told that I could NOT share anything, or did I sign anything.  It was a fairly casual exchange.  They said they hadn't had time to put together any documentation for the docker beta.  I was able to import the docker image based on the CLI commands you shared, but I have no idea how to proceed from here.  I unfortunately have been spoiled by the simplicity of UNRAID, and don't have a strong working knowledge of docker based apps.

I asked the vendor if they planned on making it available via DockerHub, I will followup when I get an answer.

I humbly suggest/request an unRAID-friendly Docker based on the Raspberry Pi Server (piserver) at:

https://github.com/raspberrypi/piserver

piserver is an official project of the Raspberrry Pi Foundation (https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/piserver/), which can run on a Raspberry Pi, but is primarily intended to run on a Debian-based OS on an x86 computer.

Its purpose is pretty slick: To provide easy-to-manage network-based bootability to Raspberry Pis without SD cards (or with minimal, read-only, corruption-proof SD cards for older models).

I took a shot at building a VNC-friendly Docker based on the brilliant https://hub.docker.com/r/jlesage/baseimage-gui/ base images created by @DJoss, but my Docker-fu is still too weak to overcome a couple D-Bus struggles...and maybe I didn't really need to be using the bigger Debian baseimage-gui in the first place!

I painlessly built it and got it running on a local Debian 8 VM, but just can't...quite...make it a good Docker.

Many thanks to anyone who might make this magic happen.

Edited by bland328
Typo
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Brettv said:

Hi everyone, 

I would like to request a docker container for Roon. I am currently using the public on by steefdebruijn but it would be nice to have a linuxserver.io version. 

More info on roon here - https://roonlabs.com/ 

Kind regards

Brett

Can't find a license for that, but it doesn't look very open source.  Can't say we'd be interested in it.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Anybody tried or gotten Pterodactyl.io dockers to work on unraid? I'd like to get that working as it seems like a better solution to me since I wish to run several game servers.

I'm currently using MineOS for my minecraft server, and my other game servers are on my old NAS running ArchLinux. Everything is very manual and has no GUI there, which makes it difficult for me to allow other administrators access to start/stop functions etc. Pterodactyl seems like it would enable me to allow other people access to the bare essentials pretty easily. I'm trying to retire the old NAS, so I can eventually repopulate it with larger disks and renew it.

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone help with a docker install script for Mayan-EDMS?  This is such a fantastic document management system that would be so helpful for many.  It seems like most of the work is done and just needs a template so we can set document volumes, etc.  It's above my abilities but maybe someone here can do it?

#!/bin/sh
set -e

# This script is meant for quick & easy install via:
#   $ curl -fsSL get.mayan-edms.com -o get-mayan-edms.sh
#   $ sh get-mayan-edms.sh
#
# NOTE: Make sure to verify the contents of the script
#       you downloaded matches the contents of docker.sh
#       located at https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/blob/master/contrib/scripts/install/docker.sh
#       before executing.

: ${VERBOSE:=true}
: ${INSTALL_DOCKER:=false}
: ${DELETE_VOLUMES:=false}
: ${DATABASE_USER:=mayan}
: ${DATABASE_NAME:=mayan}
: ${DATABASE_PASSWORD:=mayanuserpass}
: ${DOCKER_POSTGRES_IMAGE:=postgres:9.5}
: ${DOCKER_POSTGRES_CONTAINER:=mayan-edms-postgres}
: ${DOCKER_POSTGRES_VOLUME:=/docker-volumes/mayan-edms/postgres}
: ${DOCKER_POSTGRES_PORT:=5432}
: ${DOCKER_MAYAN_IMAGE:=mayanedms/mayanedms:latest}
: ${DOCKER_MAYAN_CONTAINER:=mayan-edms}
: ${DOCKER_MAYAN_VOLUME:=/docker-volumes/mayan-edms/media}

cat << EOF

███╗   ███╗ █████╗ ██╗   ██╗ █████╗ ███╗   ██╗
████╗ ████║██╔══██╗╚██╗ ██╔╝██╔══██╗████╗  ██║
██╔████╔██║███████║ ╚████╔╝ ███████║██╔██╗ ██║
██║╚██╔╝██║██╔══██║  ╚██╔╝  ██╔══██║██║╚██╗██║
██║ ╚═╝ ██║██║  ██║   ██║   ██║  ██║██║ ╚████║
╚═╝     ╚═╝╚═╝  ╚═╝   ╚═╝   ╚═╝  ╚═╝╚═╝  ╚═══╝
Docker deploy script

NOTE: Make sure to verify the contents of this script
matches the contents of docker.sh located at https://gitlab.com/mayan-edms/mayan-edms/blob/master/contrib/scripts/install/docker.sh before executing.

EOF

if [ "$VERBOSE" = true ]; then
echo "Variable values to be used:"
echo "---------------------------"
echo "INSTALL_DOCKER: $INSTALL_DOCKER"
echo "DELETE_VOLUMES: $DELETE_VOLUMES"
echo "DATABASE_USER: $DATABASE_USER"
echo "DATABASE_NAME: $DATABASE_NAME"
echo "DATABASE_PASSWORD: $DATABASE_PASSWORD"
echo "DOCKER_POSTGRES_IMAGE: $DOCKER_POSTGRES_IMAGE"
echo "DOCKER_POSTGRES_CONTAINER: $DOCKER_POSTGRES_CONTAINER"
echo "DOCKER_POSTGRES_VOLUME: $DOCKER_POSTGRES_VOLUME"
echo "DOCKER_POSTGRES_PORT: $DOCKER_POSTGRES_PORT"
echo "DOCKER_MAYAN_IMAGE: $DOCKER_MAYAN_IMAGE"
echo "DOCKER_MAYAN_CONTAINER: $DOCKER_MAYAN_CONTAINER"
echo "DOCKER_MAYAN_VOLUME: $DOCKER_MAYAN_VOLUME"
echo "\nStarting in 10 seconds."
sleep 10
fi

if [ "$INSTALL_DOCKER" = true ]; then
    echo -n "* Installing Docker..."
    curl -fsSL get.docker.com -o get-docker.sh >/dev/null
    sh get-docker.sh >/dev/null 2>&1
    rm get-docker.sh
    echo "Done"
fi

if [ -z `which docker`  ]; then
    echo "Docker is not installed. Rerun this script with the variable INSTALL_DOCKER set to true."
    exit 1
fi

echo -n "* Removing existing Mayan EDMS and PostgreSQL containers (no data will be lost)..."
true || docker stop $DOCKER_MAYAN_CONTAINER >/dev/null 2>&1
true || docker rm $DOCKER_MAYAN_CONTAINER >/dev/null 2>&1
true || docker stop $DOCKER_POSTGRES_CONTAINER >/dev/null 2>&1
true || docker rm $DOCKER_POSTGRES_CONTAINER >/dev/null 2>&1
echo "Done"

if [ "$DELETE_VOLUMES" = true ]; then
echo -n "* Deleting Docker volumes in 5 seconds (warning: this delete all document data)..."
sleep 5
true || rm DOCKER_MAYAN_VOLUME -Rf
true || rm DOCKER_POSTGRES_VOLUME -Rf
echo "Done"
fi

echo -n "* Pulling (downloading) the Mayan EDMS Docker image..."
docker pull $DOCKER_MAYAN_IMAGE >/dev/null
echo "Done"

echo -n "* Pulling (downloading) the PostgreSQL Docker image..."
docker pull $DOCKER_POSTGRES_IMAGE > /dev/null
echo "Done"

echo -n "* Deploying the PostgreSQL container..."
docker run -d \
--name $DOCKER_POSTGRES_CONTAINER \
--restart=always \
-p $DOCKER_POSTGRES_PORT:5432 \
-e POSTGRES_USER=$DATABASE_USER \
-e POSTGRES_DB=$DATABASE_NAME \
-e POSTGRES_PASSWORD=$DATABASE_PASSWORD \
-v $DOCKER_POSTGRES_VOLUME:/var/lib/postgresql/data \
$DOCKER_POSTGRES_IMAGE >/dev/null
echo "Done"

echo -n "* Waiting for the PostgreSQL container to be ready (10 seconds)..."
sleep 10
echo "Done"

echo -n "* Deploying Mayan EDMS container..."
docker run -d \
--name $DOCKER_MAYAN_CONTAINER \
--restart=always \
-p 80:8000 \
-e MAYAN_DATABASE_ENGINE=django.db.backends.postgresql \
-e MAYAN_DATABASE_HOST=172.17.0.1 \
-e MAYAN_DATABASE_NAME=$DATABASE_NAME \
-e MAYAN_DATABASE_PASSWORD=$DATABASE_PASSWORD \
-e MAYAN_DATABASE_USER=$DATABASE_USER \
-e MAYAN_DATABASE_PORT=$DOCKER_POSTGRES_PORT \
-e MAYAN_DATABASE_CONN_MAX_AGE=60 \
-v $DOCKER_MAYAN_VOLUME:/var/lib/mayan \
$DOCKER_MAYAN_IMAGE >/dev/null
echo "Done"

echo -n "* Waiting for the Mayan EDMS container to be ready (might take a few minutes)..."
while ! curl --output /dev/null --silent --head --fail http://localhost:80; do sleep 1 && echo -n .; done;
echo "Done"

• Upvote 1

OTOH with zero testing, etc basically following the dockerHub directions for it.

See here https://hub.docker.com/r/mayanedms/mayanedms/

Install PostGres (available in Apps)  Add the following environment variables

POSTGRES_USER=mayan
POSTGRES_DB=mayan
POSTGRES_PASSWORD=mayanuserpass

Enable dockerHub searching in CA's settings and search for mayanedms

Add the following environment variables

MAYAN_DATABASE_ENGINE=django.db.backends.postgresql
MAYAN_DATABASE_HOST=unRaid's IP address

MAYAN_DATABASE_PORT=the port for postgres
MAYAN_DATABASE_NAME=mayan
MAYAN_DATABASE_PASSWORD=mayanuserpass
MAYAN_DATABASE_USER=mayan
MAYAN_DATABASE_CONN_MAX_AGE=60

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Alright got Mayan-EDMS working, DEV complete : 

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='Mayan-EDMS' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/Chicago" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'MAYAN_DATABASE_ENGINE'='django.db.backends.postgresql' -e 'MAYAN_DATABASE_HOST'='192.168.128.90' -e '5432'='5432' -e 'MAYAN_DATABASE_NAME'='mayan' -e 'MAYAN_DATABASE_PASSWORD'='PASSWORD' -e 'MAYAN_DATABASE_USER'='mayan' -e 'MAYAN_DATABASE_CONN_MAX_AGE'='60' -p '8000:8000/tcp' -v '/mnt/disks/Samsung_SSD_860_EVO_500GB_S3Z1NB0KB48195D/Mayan-EDMS/':'/var/lib/mayan/

screencapture-192-168-128-90-Docker-UpdateContainer-2018-12-27-15_11_03.png

Edited by denellum
figured it out, sharing is caring
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...