Docker requests

• 7 months later...
On 11/7/2018 at 5:24 PM, Squid said:

OTOH with zero testing, etc basically following the dockerHub directions for it.

See here https://hub.docker.com/r/mayanedms/mayanedms/

Install PostGres (available in Apps)  Add the following environment variables

POSTGRES_USER=mayan
POSTGRES_DB=mayan
POSTGRES_PASSWORD=mayanuserpass

Enable dockerHub searching in CA's settings and search for mayanedms

Add the following environment variables

MAYAN_DATABASE_ENGINE=django.db.backends.postgresql
MAYAN_DATABASE_HOST=unRaid's IP address

MAYAN_DATABASE_PORT=the port for postgres
MAYAN_DATABASE_NAME=mayan
MAYAN_DATABASE_PASSWORD=mayanuserpass
MAYAN_DATABASE_USER=mayan
MAYAN_DATABASE_CONN_MAX_AGE=60

that step dosent work for me no result (Enable dockerHub searching in CA's settings and search for mayanedms)

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Sic79 said:

Can anyone pls help me get this up ´n running.

What sort of help do you need? I haven't tried it but the docker run command at that link seems pretty straightforward. Looks like it doesn't even need any ports remapped unless you have conflicts so host would be fine for that. Then I assume that single volume mapping would be your appdata.

6 hours ago, trurl said:

What sort of help do you need? I haven't tried it but the docker run command at that link seems pretty straightforward. Looks like it doesn't even need any ports remapped unless you have conflicts so host would be fine for that. Then I assume that single volume mapping would be your appdata.

Well, I actually got it running but not working correctly. I took me some time to figure out how to connect to the built in VNC first. I think I´ll wait a little longer for a more stable version or if someone brings it in the unraids "appstore"  before I test again.

Anyways, thanks for the help offer @trurl, much appreciated :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/19/2019 at 8:16 PM, Sic79 said:

Well, I actually got it running but not working correctly. I took me some time to figure out how to connect to the built in VNC first. I think I´ll wait a little longer for a more stable version or if someone brings it in the unraids "appstore"  before I test again.

Anyways, thanks for the help offer @trurl, much appreciated :)

If you give me a few more details i will setup a container, why is vnc even needed?

Is there no webinterface?

What exactly doesn't work correctly in your setup.

Please note that WINE can cause much overhead...

Edited by ich777
7 hours ago, ich777 said:

If you give me a few more details i will setup a container, why is vnc even needed?

Is there no webinterface?

What exactly doesn't work correctly in your setup.

Please note that WINE can cause much overhead...

Hi @ich777,

I´m no expert on either this docker or blueiris but I think that VNC is needed for the setup/install part on the startup of the docker(?).

I saw on github that there are a webinterface for blueiris here: https://github.com/bp2008/ui3

Hm what do you mean with that WINE can cause much overhead?

And the problem I got when trying to install was that I could not get past the installer part. Maybe I could have given it some more time to troubleshoot. But decided I´ll wait and see if there was someone with better knowledge to try it out.

1 hour ago, Sic79 said:

Hi @ich777,

I´m no expert on either this docker or blueiris but I think that VNC is needed for the setup/install part on the startup of the docker(?).

I saw on github that there are a webinterface for blueiris here: https://github.com/bp2008/ui3

Hm what do you mean with that WINE can cause much overhead?

And the problem I got when trying to install was that I could not get past the installer part. Maybe I could have given it some more time to troubleshoot. But decided I´ll wait and see if there was someone with better knowledge to try it out.

I have now plenty of containers (mostly gamservers but also DirsyncPro, RapidPhotoDownloader all with a VNC screen emulation).

Overhead means that the container possibly doesn't work as fast as in a native windows environment and eat much more system resources than on windows.

Where can i get Blueiris? Have you seen that are other containers like blueiris are available in the Communtiy Applications App.

I have now plenty of containers (mostly gamservers but also DirsyncPro, RapidPhotoDownloader all with a VNC screen emulation).
Overhead means that the container possibly doesn't work as fast as in a native windows environment and eat much more system resources than on windows.

Where can i get Blueiris? Have you seen that are other containers like blueiris are available in the Communtiy Applications App.

Ok, I see. Thanks for the info.

You can get blueiris here: https://github.com/jshridha/docker-blueiris

If you mean blueiris alike NVR docker such as zonemjnder and shinobi yes. Otherwise I have not seen any similar docker :(.

Hi guys,

I'm wanting to setup a Taiga container (taiga.io) but am struggling with the non click & install process.

Hoping someone can throw together a Taiga image or guide me through whatever I'm missing with manually setting everything up :s

This looks like a fantastic Project Management tool & seems to be just what I'm after with my project, I have moved from Trello to Favro & now prefer the style of Taiga.

I think this would be a fantastic addition to the Unraid CA Library.

There are already dockerhub containers for this but their setup process is not simple for me. integrated db would be very beneficial.

plz & thanks?!

cheers

Edit:

So after a lot of trial & error for hours i managed to get it running. for anyone else that stumbles upon this, this is what i've done:

1. Install postgresql from CA, fill your new database info & map the port 5432 to 5432
  2. Download the taiga example files (conf.json & local.py) from benhutchins/taiga & put them in appdata/taiga-benhutchins
  3. Edit the conf.json to point the api to your servers ip address ("api": "http://10.1.1.1/api/v1/")
    & also delete this line ("contribPlugins": ["/plugins/slack/slack.json"],)
  4. Edit the local.py & comment out this line (INSTALLED_APPS += ["taiga_contrib_slack"])
  5. find the benhutchins/taiga image in CA by searching more results from docker (advanced setting) & configure it as pictured below.
  6. If you have no email server like myself, go to the admin page (10.1.1.1/admin) & make new users in there.

The big issues i had were that it seems to not like the port being changed from 80 (though i've read that it should be possible in the backend), so for now i will just remap my current port 80 app to another port.
Another issue i frustratingly had was i couldn't access the admin page to make a new user unless i changed the port to anything but 80. But I assume this was simply old cached data causing the issue that i could have easily fixed but didn't think of it at the time.

Hope that helps someone.

Would love to see a click & install option in the future :D

taiga.PNG

Edited by Terror-Gene
added link
8 hours ago, Terror-Gene said:

Hi guys,

I'm wanting to setup a Taiga container but am struggling with the non click & install process.

Hoping someone can throw together a Taiga image or guide me through whatever I'm missing with manually setting everything up :s

This looks like a fantastic Project Management tool & seems to be just what I'm after with my project, I have moved from Trello to Favro & now prefer the style of Taiga.

I think this would be a fantastic addition to the Unraid CA Library.

There are already dockerhub containers for this but their setup process is not simple for me. integrated db would be very beneficial.

plz & thanks?!

cheers

Please always put a link to the website in your post since not everybody knows what Taiga is... and a google search for Taiga brings up the Taiga...

16 hours ago, Sic79 said:

Hi @ich777, Would it be possible to also request "Zabbix Server" from you?. There are some Zabbix dockers on Dockerhub, but it would also be a nice addtions to have those in Community Applications for easy deployment.

https://hub.docker.com/r/zabbix/zabbix-web-nginx-mysql

https://hub.docker.com/r/zabbix/zabbix-server-mysql

10 hours ago, klomasdo said:

+1 for Zabbix Server, thanks.

I will look into this but give me a little bit of time since i'm switching all my existing containers to a new baseimage and debian buster.

EDIT: Zabbix should be no problem, keep in mind that you need an extra database container.

I will try that when i got back from work and report back.

Edited by ich777
  • Like 1
I will look into this but give me a little bit of time since i'm switching all my existing containers to a new baseimage and debian buster.

EDIT: Zabbix should be no problem, keep in mind that you need an extra database container.
I will try that when i got back from work and report back.

Wow, sounds great! Looking forward to try it out when it’s ready.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
11 hours ago, Sic79 said:

Wow, sounds great! Looking forward to try it out when it’s ready.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

I've got a few questions, sorry but haven't got much time to investigate today after work but what's the difference between the server mysql, nginx server web nginx and the agent (that's already available on the CA App)?

9 hours ago, ich777 said:

I've got a few questions, sorry but haven't got much time to investigate today after work but what's the difference between the server mysql, nginx server web nginx and the agent (that's already available on the CA App)?

@ich777Sure, I´ll help explain. 

Server: Zabbix server is the central process of Zabbix software.

The server performs the polling and trapping of data, it calculates triggers, sends notifications to users. It is the central component to which Zabbix agents and proxies report data on availability and integrity of systems. The server can itself remotely check networked services (such as web servers and mail servers) using simple service checks.

Web: Zabbix web interface is a part of Zabbix software. It is used to manage resources under monitoring and view monitoring statistics.

Agent: Zabbix agent is deployed on a monitoring target to actively monitor local resources and applications (hard drives, memory, processor statistics etc).

So all three is a part of getting it up´n running.

• Thanks 1