unRAID Project Roadmap Announcements

I guess its obvious now why the community would like updates, even if it's just to say you're stuck on something and its taking longer than expected. Instead we get teased about updates then back to the ol' wall of silence treatment. We have such an active community so it only feels fair for wanting the staff to be more active as well.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know why you all are giving the boys a hard time about updates. They will release them when they are ready, really don't have to they and kinda don't owe us anything past what we bought when we bought our first unraid keys.

I like anyone else like shiny toys, but patience is a virtue. I'd prefer the unraid team to be working on the update then responding to forum posts about when it's going to be ready.

I don't know why you all are giving the boys a hard time about updates. They will release them when they are ready, really don't have to they and kinda don't owe us anything past what we bought when we bought our first unraid keys.

To be fair that is not quite true. A beta cycle is a two sided coin at the expense of both the developer and the community. This is often overlooked and in reality in actual man hours consumed by the community usually vastly out weighs the developer side.

It is obvious lots of things are happening behind the scenes but whilst the developers are quiet no one can expect the equally committed community just to stop and wait.

This is the reality of why this perpetual debate battles on.

I like anyone else like shiny toys, but patience is a virtue. I'd prefer the unraid team to be working on the update then responding to forum posts about when it's going to be ready.

If you think I would have paid money for a 32bit OS in 2014 without the promise the proper 64bit version was right around the corner you are very mistaken.

Also I had no idea that the road maps held no weight when I joined this project / community.

I think they should be taken down if they can not be meet.  They just give false hope and a false sense of what to expect from the Dev.

Road maps do slip, yes I know that.  Then they are updated, or revisions made.  As of right now they reflect wild pipe dreams. We are 2 quarters behind, that doesn't install confidence

Edit : grammar

OMG that picture was so funny.

By all rights I shouldn't let this thread go in the direction it is, but I just had to reach out and share the laugh.

Eventually we'll have to prune the thread of the tangent comments.

Please, don't be upset when the off topic posts start getting pruned.

At least it's been fairly humorous and not disparaging as it's been in the past.

Guys, Let's leave this thread for the limetech guys to post their news.