[OUTDATED] Extended Docker configuration page

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great additions!  Although I noticed the "my-" templates moved to the bottom of the list, would you mind moving those back to the top?  Those are the ones we'll be use the most often.  Thanks!

I agree, now that the list is long enough to require scrolling, having mine at the top is preferable.

Great additions!  Although I noticed the "my-" templates moved to the bottom of the list, would you mind moving those back to the top?  Those are the ones we'll be use the most often.  Thanks!

Let's open this for debate!

I agree lets have them at the top.

+1

But again just grateful that there is someone working on docker user interface and that there are templates to choose from.

+1

But again just grateful that there is someone working on docker user interface and that there are templates to choose from.

amen to that! 

Ok, let's do this:

$ docker run -d --net=host --privileged -v /directory/with/xbmcdata:/opt/xbmc-server/portable_data wernerb/docker-xbmc-server:gotham

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Container>
  <Name>XBMCServer</Name>
  <Description>
    This will allow you to serve files through the XBMC UPnP Library to your UPnP client/players (such as Xbmc or Chromecast). Docker is used to compile and run the latest headless version of XBMC Gotham/Frodo. This also includes some custom patches that will fix crashes. See the FAQ section for details.
  </Description>
  <Registry>
    https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/wernerb/docker-xbmc-server/
  </Registry>
  <Repository>wernerb/docker-xbmc-server:gotham</Repository>
  <BindTime>true</BindTime>
  <Privileged>true</Privileged>
  <Environment/>
  <Networking>
    <Mode>host</Mode>
    <Publish/>
  </Networking>
  <Data>
    <Volume>
      <HostDir>/mnt/user/appdata/XBMCServer</HostDir>
      <ContainerDir>/opt/xbmc-server/portable_data</ContainerDir>
      <Mode>rw</Mode>
    </Volume>
  </Data>
</Container>

See, easy as pie.

Ok, let's do this:

$ docker run -d --net=host --privileged -v /directory/with/xbmcdata:/opt/xbmc-server/portable_data wernerb/docker-xbmc-server:gotham

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Container>
  <Name>XBMCServer</Name>
  <Description>
    This will allow you to serve files through the XBMC UPnP Library to your UPnP client/players (such as Xbmc or Chromecast). Docker is used to compile and run the latest headless version of XBMC Gotham/Frodo. This also includes some custom patches that will fix crashes. See the FAQ section for details.
  </Description>
  <Registry>
    https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/wernerb/docker-xbmc-server/
  </Registry>
  <Repository>wernerb/docker-xbmc-server:gotham</Repository>
  <BindTime>true</BindTime>
  <Privileged>true</Privileged>
  <Environment/>
  <Networking>
    <Mode>host</Mode>
    <Publish/>
  </Networking>
  <Data>
    <Volume>
      <HostDir>/mnt/user/appdata/XBMCServer</HostDir>
      <ContainerDir>/opt/xbmc-server/portable_data</ContainerDir>
      <Mode>rw</Mode>
    </Volume>
  </Data>
</Container>

See, easy as pie.

You beat me to it!  I was going to post the one I made few days back. 

Thanks guys.  I'll have a play tonight as I have the extra network settings in mine because I was having trouble reaching the webgui.

You talking about XBMC server GUI?

Yeah.  this is what I had to add:

* Advanced: If you have problems reaching the web-server then xbmc is binding to the wrong address. Try adding the following after `--privileged`: `-e BIND_ADDR=ipaddress -e LD_PRELOAD=/opt/xbmc-server/bind.so`

Thanks guys.  I'll have a play tonight as I have the extra network settings in mine because I was having trouble reaching the webgui.

You talking about XBMC server GUI?

Yeah.  this is what I had to add:

* Advanced: If you have problems reaching the web-server then xbmc is binding to the wrong address. Try adding the following after `--privileged`: `-e BIND_ADDR=ipaddress -e LD_PRELOAD=/opt/xbmc-server/bind.so`

Oh yeah  I never had that problem.

I just started messing with docker today. So far I have installed plex and deluge and each goes OK; however, after a reboot I can no longer access plex or deluge and my syslog is telling me " emhttp: read_line: read_line: input line too long". I am assuming I am doing something wrong when installing the docker apps. Anyone have any ideas?

P.S. - actually it looks like the apps are not starting. The logs tells me

*** Shutting down runit daemon (PID ...
*** Killing all processes...
2014/07/10 21:32:57 exec: "/sbin/my_init": permission denied
2014/07/10 21:38:27 exec: "/sbin/my_init": permission denied
2014/07/10 21:39:00 exec: "/sbin/my_init": permission denied
2014/07/10 21:39:03 exec: "/sbin/my_init": permission denied

I just started messing with docker today. So far I have installed plex and deluge and each goes OK; however, after a reboot I can no longer access plex or deluge and my syslog is telling me " emhttp: read_line: read_line: input line too long". I am assuming I am doing something wrong when installing the docker apps. Anyone have any ideas?

P.S. - actually it looks like the apps are not starting. The logs tells me

*** Shutting down runit daemon (PID ...
*** Killing all processes...
2014/07/10 21:32:57 exec: "/sbin/my_init": permission denied
2014/07/10 21:38:27 exec: "/sbin/my_init": permission denied
2014/07/10 21:39:00 exec: "/sbin/my_init": permission denied
2014/07/10 21:39:03 exec: "/sbin/my_init": permission denied

That's the exact messages i was getting after messing with some permissions, after receiving those i had to reapply docker install and remove all images and containers to start over. - not saying that's what you did, but i have encountered the same errors

UPDATE:

In a small demonstration of my gratitude, I made some changes last night, so version 2014.07.10 is out:

- Added SickRage, Deluge and NZBGet templates;

- TCP/UDP port protocols are now set by a select box, so are the Read/Write | Read Only modes for volume mappings (NAS suggestion);

- Fixed (I hope) an issue discovered by nacat78;

- Added and/or improved some descriptions with directions to help users setup correctly their fields (bjp999 suggestion);

- Now the default directory for the configuration volume of each container is /mnt/user/appdata/{container name} (suggested by NAS);

Again, thank you a lot!

edit: fixed some credits (thank you bjp999)

Nice work. I am really impressed how feature complete this is already.

I will sticky your thread now as IMHO everyone who uses docker here should use it.

Feature request:

Allow users an option to read the dockerfile before they commit to a template. For example I haven't looked but I am betting XBMC server still uses Ubuntu 12.10 which no other docker will because it is EOL and out of support. There are obviously reasons for that but users should be able to make an informed choice about this stuff etc ahead of time and whilst we want to hide the sausage making by defauly it is always nice to offer a window to open to peek inside if someone want.

Kudos again