[OUTDATED] Extended Docker configuration page

I have been trying to add NZBget either using the needo or gfjardim templates, and neither seem to work. In either instance when I click add, the add button grey's out, but nothing else happens. The template window just sits indefinitely.

I tried rebooting, and still no luck.

I am able to manually run the docker command for either, however DockerMan is not happy with me doing it this way, so I would prefer to use the template.

Can anyone advise if they've had similar issues, or provide details on where I can find the relevant logs to review?

Which version of the plug-in are you using? There was a bug: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=33965.msg328857#msg328857

Son of a gun... I could have swore I was on the 9.18 build, but it was actually 9.17. I updated and it's working again.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've been working on two systems and I thought they were both 9.18, but obviously not. :)

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am having a weird issue that I can't seem to figure out.

I just upgraded from 5.0.5 to 6 beta 9. I formatted my cache drive to brtfs and transferred my appdata folder back to the cache drive as I had it before. I am now attempting to create a plex/sab/sick etc docker. When using the dockerman plugin with plex for example i leave container volume as /config and I attempt to set the host path to /mnt/cache/appdata/plex. When I do this and go back and try to browse to plex the webpage just times out.

The weird part is that an appdata folder showed up on my array at /mnt/user/appdata, the docker image file is also listed in my user share as /mnt/user/docker. I did not put these here as I had put them on my cache drive and I don't know how it got there. I am able to browse to /mnt/cache/appdata and they show up there fine. When I set the host path to use /mnt/user/appdata/plex I am in fact able to get the plex webpage to load.

I am not sure if there is something obvious I may be missing?

Any top level folder you create on /mnt/cache will automatically show up as a user share.  You want to go into the share settings and make sure it is set as a 'cache-only' share to stop files being moved to the array.

Right, and that is how I have it set up currently and have had it set up since before the upgrade to 6beta9. It is set as only and the share "ball" is red stating all files are on the cache drive. I just can't figure out why when I change the host path to /mnt/user/appdata/plex it works but when it is /mnt/cache/appdata/plex it does not when the files are clearly there

Any top level folder you create on /mnt/cache will automatically show up as a user share.  You want to go into the share settings and make sure it is set as a 'cache-only' share to stop files being moved to the array.

Right, and that is how I have it set up currently and have had it set up since before the upgrade to 6beta9. It is set as only and the share "ball" is red stating all files are on the cache drive. I just can't figure out why when I change the host path to /mnt/user/appdata/plex it works but when it is /mnt/cache/appdata/plex it does not when the files are clearly there

If any of the files/folders got put on the array, it will screw you up.  I had to check each drive manually using Midnight Commander, and move any errant folders back to the cache drive manually, then my 'weird' issues went away.

I had this issue because I neglected to set the share as cache only when I first installed dockers.

Anyway, I hope that helps.

[glow=red,2,300]UPDATE:[/glow]

Version 2014.09.22:

- Fix: combine all common javascript functions in one file;

- Fix: container creation/edit/update will continue even if the user closes the popup;

- Add: Better Image pull - more verbosity, so users can track it’s stage;

- Add: Container creation will start with an image pull;

- Add: batch operations to Extensions/Docker page;

WARNING: be very careful using batch operations; not proper tested yet.

First, thanks for making this plugin. It has really helped me to get my programs going in Docker!

I did find a bug while using it. When viewing the logs of my docker containers, if the logs contain HTML tags they are processed as such in the browser. Preferred would be to show the HTML tags as they show in the log file by converting the < to html entities.

No, I don't have actual HTML tags in my log files :-) but my home automation logs in a format like this <event state_changed ... > and these do not show up now.

Thanks!

First, thanks for making this plugin. It has really helped me to get my programs going in Docker!

I did find a bug while using it. When viewing the logs of my docker containers, if the logs contain HTML tags they are processed as such in the browser. Preferred would be to show the HTML tags as they show in the log file by converting the < to html entities.

No, I don't have actual HTML tags in my log files :-) but my home automation logs in a format like this <event state_changed ... > and these do not show up now.

Thanks!

2014.09.23:

Add: text on buttons in the Docker page;

Fix: convert html tags to entities;

Is it possible to have icons/banner images for the containers linked to a local file ?

Just put the image in /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/webui-images. The filename is [Docker Registry user]-[Docker Registry image]-[banner|icon].png

Ex: gfjardim/crashplan => gfjardim-crashplan-[icon|banner].png

Linking  local images would defeat the purpose of xml templates, that is to be distributed.

Thanks!

2014.09.23:

Update to your new release not working for me still shows version 9.22 and Plexwatch show update and it pulls the docker but still shows update.

Thanks for your hard work!

Thanks!

2014.09.23:

Update to your new release not working for me still shows version 9.22 and Plexwatch show update and it pulls the docker but still shows update.

It's not updating or just the update detection is broken?

Is it possible to have icons/banner images for the containers linked to a local file ?

Just put the image in /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/webui-images. The filename is [Docker Registry user]-[Docker Registry image]-[banner|icon].png

Ex: gfjardim/crashplan => gfjardim-crashplan-[icon|banner].png

Linking  local images would defeat the purpose of xml templates, that is to be distributed.

Ah, ok.  I didn't realise it defaulted to the local directory to look for the image.  Lovely.

Thanks!

2014.09.23:

It's not updating or just the update detection is broken?

Plugin itself is not updating and the update detection is showing I need to update plexwatch and I do it and it still shows i need to update it.

Plugin itself is not updating and the update detection is showing I need to update plexwatch and I do it and it still shows i need to update it.

Got same issue ....

multiple blue arrows...

upgrade it but blue arrows don't go away

examples Mariadb, Dropbox, on one server crashplan and plex but on the other server both have green checks.... plex version is same on both servers though... crashplan too

Got same issue ....

multiple blue arrows...

examples Mariadb, Dropbox, on one server crashplan and plex but on the other server both have green checks.... plex version is same on both servers though... crashplan too

I'm having trouble replicating this....

Got same issue ....

multiple blue arrows...

I'm having trouble replicating this....

Just tested this on another server and  the docker manger plugin updated from version 2014.09.18 to 2014.09.22  it will not update to your newer one.

Suggestion (maybe the wrong place). Split the "Docker Apps" section into three Started, Stopped and Paused (once we support pausing).

This would make it much clearer to see container run state than color coding and better passes accessibility tests for the color blind etc

Great plugin!

When I put dockerMan.plg in the install extension box I'll get this output:

/usr/local/sbin/plugin install /Users/marcel/Documents/dockerMan.plg 2>&1 2>&1
plugin: installing: /Users/marcel/Documents/dockerMan.plg

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/Users/marcel/Documents/dockerMan.plg" in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/plgMan/plugin on line 132
plugin: warning: no name attribute, installing anyway

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/Users/marcel/Documents/dockerMan.plg" in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/plgMan/plugin on line 132
plugin: xml parse error

How do i solve this?

Great plugin!

When I put dockerMan.plg in the install extension box I'll get this output:

/usr/local/sbin/plugin install /Users/marcel/Documents/dockerMan.plg 2>&1 2>&1
plugin: installing: /Users/marcel/Documents/dockerMan.plg

plugin: warning: no name attribute, installing anyway

plugin: xml parse error

How do i solve this?

Did you put the web address for Dockerman in the Install Extension Box?  Or did you save it to your computer first?

The first is the correct way.