[OUTDATED] Extended Docker configuration page

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@gfjardim , @limetech

I would like the extended docker configuration page to be able to allow settings for the "dns" setting on a per container basis. This would be passed to the docker container command as: --dns=value_the_user_set

I tried setting it as DOCKER_OPTS="--dns=my.dns.server.ip" in the /etc/default/docker file but it did not take effect when stopping and starting the docker container.

I have one container, that because of the way it was built, is not using what the unRAID server uses.

Unfortunately unRAID does not have Docker 1.3, so it's not as easy to simply do a "docker exec" to see what it set in the containers /etc/resolve.conf file or other needed troubleshooting steps.

@gfjardim , @limetech

I would like the extended docker configuration page to be able to allow settings for the "dns" setting on a per container basis. This would be passed to the docker container command as: --dns=value_the_user_set

I tried setting it as DOCKER_OPTS="--dns=my.dns.server.ip" in the /etc/default/docker file but it did not take effect when stopping and starting the docker container.

I have one container, that because of the way it was built, is not using what the unRAID server uses.

Unfortunately unRAID does not have Docker 1.3, so it's not as easy to simply do a "docker exec" to see what it set in the containers /etc/resolve.conf file or other needed troubleshooting steps.

Well, some good news.  With 6.0 Beta12, docker is now at 1.3.2 on unRAID

I know this is more related to the individual docker containers that I'm using, but this should be something that Limetech and all docker authors address.

It seems that the Docker system is not respecting what the main host has set for /etc/resolv.conf.

Also, the Docker Plugin system does not provide a means of specifying the value via the "--dns" docker command parameter.

root@REAVER:/etc/rc.d# cat /etc/resolv.conf

# Generated by dhcpcd from br0

# /etc/resolv.conf.head can replace this line

domain <<obfuscated domain name removed>>

nameserver 10.0.0.128

# /etc/resolv.conf.tail can replace this line

root@REAVER:/etc/rc.d# docker ps -a

CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                          COMMAND            CREATED            STATUS              PORTS                                                        NAMES 

2fcd05628929        gfjardim/nzbget:latest        "/sbin/my_init"    8 days ago          Up 25 minutes      0.0.0.0:7070->6789/tcp, 0.0.0.0:7073->6791/tcp                NZBGet         

f5097c71f899        gfjardim/transmission:latest  "/sbin/my_init"    8 days ago          Up 25 minutes      54321/tcp, 0.0.0.0:9091->9091/tcp, 0.0.0.0:12290->12290/tcp  Transmission   

root@REAVER:/etc/rc.d# docker exec -ti Transmission /bin/bash

root@f5097c71f899:/# cat /etc/resolv.conf

nameserver 8.8.8.8

nameserver 8.8.4.4

root@f5097c71f899:/# exit

root@REAVER:/etc/rc.d# docker exec -ti NZBGet /bin/bash

root@2fcd05628929:/# cat /etc/resolv.conf

nameserver 8.8.8.8

nameserver 8.8.4.4

root@2fcd05628929:/# exit

In the meantime, I modified my /boot/config/docker.cfg to contain the additional parameter "--dns=specified_value" and restarted the docker service via /etc/rc.d/rc.docker .

I also modified the /etc/resolv.conf file inside each and every docker container.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Since upgrading to b12 it appears that trying to add repo's from the template isn't working. Attached is all that happens when I click anything from the list.

Also as I was trying to find the latest version I noticed both https://raw.githubusercontent.com/limetech/dockerMan/master/dockerMan.plg & https://github.com/limetech/dockerMan are returning 404 errors.

Anyone experiencing this? I checked Chrome and Firefox with no luck.

Screen_Shot_2014-12-13_at_10_35.59_am.png.4d9c08e18bde0177bdb096e23e887727.png

Hi guys,

Since upgrading to b12 it appears that trying to add repo's from the template isn't working. Attached is all that happens when I click anything from the list.

Also as I was trying to find the latest version I noticed both https://raw.githubusercontent.com/limetech/dockerMan/master/dockerMan.plg & https://github.com/limetech/dockerMan are returning 404 errors.

remove dockerman from the plugin tab and reboot.  The correct template is https://github.com/gfjardim/docker-containers/tree/templates  and that is entered at the bottom of the docker tab in the repositories section.

Hi guys,

remove dockerman from the plugin tab and reboot.  The correct template is https://github.com/gfjardim/docker-containers/tree/templates  and that is entered at the bottom of the docker tab in the repositories section.

Removing Dockerman and rebooting seems to have fixed it. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Post one references https://raw.githubusercontent.com/limetech/dockerMan/master/dockerMan.plg which returns a 404 error.

Ok, guys, as some of you know, LT had this plugin integrated to unRAID, and then integrate to Dynamix, so any updates will be made along Dynamix itself.

That isn't clear in the OP.

This plugin is part of unRAID core since version 6.0 beta 8. If you want to get the latest bugfixes and try the latest version, you can install this PLG in Extensions/Install Extension:

i'm not sure if this has been brought up before but i've found an odd behaviour.

i make a lot of test runs of dockers and i add them through the webui from my private repo, sometimes i reuse a name like test-build-area a few times for different dockers.

when another docker has a different port and the same name as a previous one, the webui link on the icon for that docker doesn't update with the new port, in the template it registers that the port has changed but clicking the webui link it tries to go the previous port.

the only way to change it that i have found is to manually enter the file in the /boot config.

hopefully i've explained what i mean because i'm not the most plain speaker at times.

• 4 weeks later...

Usual stuff about apologising if this has been asked before, but i was wondering whether it was possible to have the template pull two or more containers at once from docker hub.

some things like a lamp stack for instance span multiple containers.

In a short answer, no. The plugin was developed to work with a single image, creating a container from it. So there's no easy way of adapting it to work with more than one image at a time.

There's no problem if the container has a lot of services together, like a LAMP docker image.

The other item I noticed is if you specify an exact version in the repository name the graphics do not work, the icon or banner. Ie: devshiny/nzbget:14.1

Also if you have a docker image with 2 tags such as "latest" and "14.1" it does not know if its "uptodate" or not despite the docker being added by the exact label of "14.1". I suspect having multiple tags at docker registry hub is what throws the ui off.

I found the second bug due to noticing the first bug, so my nzbget docker that only had the 14.1 exact version label didnt show the graphics but did show it was "uptodate", so i added a label of latest, removed the docker container and images, then added the docker back in without an exact tag and then noticed the second bug.

The other item I noticed is if you specify an exact version in the repository name the graphics do not work, the icon or banner. Ie: devshiny/nzbget:14.1

Also if you have a docker image with 2 tags such as "latest" and "14.1" it does not know if its "uptodate" or not despite the docker being added by the exact label of "14.1". I suspect having multiple tags at docker registry hub is what throws the ui off.

I found the second bug due to noticing the first bug, so my nzbget docker that only had the 14.1 exact version label didnt show the graphics but did show it was "uptodate", so i added a label of latest, removed the docker container and images, then added the docker back in without an exact tag and then noticed the second bug.

Yes, you're right. I will work on a fix for this.

Been reading the last few pages of this and testing out our latest release.

gfjardim,

It probably makes sense for us to update the OP on this thread.  I can do that for you if you'd like, but wanted to give you first chance to edit.  Main thing would be to indicate that Docker Manager is now built-in to unRAID 6 and no longer requires the plugin.