[OUTDATED] Extended Docker configuration page

Been reading the last few pages of this and testing out our latest release.

gfjardim,

It probably makes sense for us to update the OP on this thread.  I can do that for you if you'd like, but wanted to give you first chance to edit.  Main thing would be to indicate that Docker Manager is now built-in to unRAID 6 and no longer requires the plugin.

Jonathan, I will be internet-deprived for the next two weeks, so I appreciate if you could do that. It's time to unpin this topic too, IMO.

Thanks for everything.

Edit: I just updated the topic header.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other item I noticed is if you specify an exact version in the repository name the graphics do not work, the icon or banner. Ie: devshiny/nzbget:14.1

Also if you have a docker image with 2 tags such as "latest" and "14.1" it does not know if its "uptodate" or not despite the docker being added by the exact label of "14.1". I suspect having multiple tags at docker registry hub is what throws the ui off.

I found the second bug due to noticing the first bug, so my nzbget docker that only had the 14.1 exact version label didnt show the graphics but did show it was "uptodate", so i added a label of latest, removed the docker container and images, then added the docker back in without an exact tag and then noticed the second bug.

One last support message: I think I fixed this and it will be shipped with the next version of Dynamix. Thanks for reposting this, it was tricky to debug.

• 2 months later...

I'm seeing a bug when linking containers. When I link containers to share hostname/ip address information, the ability to control the docker through the pop-up menu and the ability to check for updates disappears. I believe this is because the application name that dockerMan understands changes to hostContainer/LinkedContainer instead of just the name of the linked container.

For example, I have a gitlab docker that links to a postgresql docker. When I link the dockers, the name for the postgresql docker changes to "gitlab/postgresql" instead of "postgresql". What's interesting is the name has not changed with I run "docker ps -a", so the bug appears to be based on how dockerMan is parsing the container name.

I'm seeing a bug when linking containers. When I link containers to share hostname/ip address information, the ability to control the docker through the pop-up menu and the ability to check for updates disappears. I believe this is because the application name that dockerMan understands changes to hostContainer/LinkedContainer instead of just the name of the linked container.

For example, I have a gitlab docker that links to a postgresql docker. When I link the dockers, the name for the postgresql docker changes to "gitlab/postgresql" instead of "postgresql". What's interesting is the name has not changed with I run "docker ps -a", so the bug appears to be based on how dockerMan is parsing the container name.

How are you linking them? Post your command line please.

Here's a trimmed down example. There are many other environmental variables passed, but I cut them out because they're not important here.

docker run --name=gitlab -d -h git.lan \
  --link postgresql:postgresql \
  --link redis:redisio \
  -v /mnt/cache/appdata/gitlab:/home/git/data \
  -v /mnt/cache/appdata/postgresql:/var/lib/postgresql \
  sameersbn/gitlab:7.8.1

• 7 months later...