iTunes Server without SimpleFeatures?

I just store my library and media as iTunes would normally do on a Mac or PC. Then I point my living room Mac mini to that library.

I could not live without this script below. Thanks to speeding_ant

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=10274.msg

I keep my often used shares mounted. Especially my share called "Libraries" which holds my itunes, iPhoto, iMovie and Motion stuff.

Easy to set up and in my opinion better. You're not using your Library files that much different than they normally would have been.

Now you are only allowed one main itunes user at a time. Which sounds bad but I rather it that way. I manage all my media from that Mac mini and also centralize about 7 iOS device's apps and backups from that same mini.

Turn on Home sharing and all my phones, iPads, Apple TV's and laptops can hit the libraries.

Not sure if this is a solution for you but it works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you need a 2nd Mac next to your unraid Box. Aside from me not having anothe Mac to spare, that's exactly what I wanted to avoid. I wanted to have only one PC running which has the Storage and Services on the same Machine. Having another Mac share the iTunes library which is stored on unraid doesn't make sense for me :(

Totally understandable. This Mac Mini is dedicated to my living room TV. I don't have TV service at my house by choice. So my itunes, Netflix, and YouTube is all we use. Works for us. My unraid is in my media closet with all my network infrastructure. I'm staying subscribed to see other people suggestions if I ever want to change. But my whole family and house is OSX and iOS based so it works great. We all have iPads or iPhones and each bedroom has an appleTV.

I also run plex directly from my unraid and I have to say, Plex has about zero % of the everyday itunes headaches. Works great and for 3 dollars a month I can watch from anywhere on any device. My plex is just pointed to my itunes media folders. One for movies and one for Tv shows and one for music. Sets up fine and adds all the meta data flawlessly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk