smdion's Docker Template Repository - Directions and Help Here

Has anyone got HTPC Manager docker working?

I have it working on mine, whats happening?

I installed it and comes up. I tried to update app from the settings inside the program and it just froze saying installing ...... it lost all that I had typed in for my setup.  When you install the docker file does it put anything inside my appdata/htpcmanger folder I added to the path?

Thanks

There are no folders that are linked in to your system in appdata or anywhere.  Is there anything you are expecting in the appdata/htpcmanager folder? I haven't played with the update. Will start doing that now.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was able to update from inside the app with no issues.  Maybe remove the container and image and re-install without trying to give it a folder?  Just this command as in the Readme?

docker run -p 8085:8085 -d --name htpcmanager smdion/docker-htpcmanager

I was able to update from inside the app with no issues.  Maybe remove the container and image and re-install without trying to give it a folder?  Just this command as in the Readme?

Will try that!  Thanks

Will try that!  Thanks

Ok I did that and ran the update and its just saying on the screen Installing Update.    Does it take a longtime to install the update?

After a clean install, I did have to stop/restar the docker for the update to work..... but it took 2 minutes?

Ok maybe I reading more into this then.  So after you click update it said installing and then you hit close button? or did it popup say update complete?

I looked at the logs inside the app and this is what it is saying. 

ERROR Could't import psutil. See https://raw.githubusercontent.com/giampaolo/psutil/master/INSTALL.rst 

After a clean install, I did have to stop/restar the docker for the update to work..... but it took 2 minutes?

Ok maybe I reading more into this then.  So after you click update it said installing and then you hit close button? or did it popup say update complete?

I get a "The page at IPADDRESS:PORT says: Your unknown versions behind. Update need. Update to latest version?" with a "cancel" and "ok".  I press "ok" and an "installing update" screen comes up. I wait for about 2 minutes and it runs thru the update and goes back to the previous screen.  When I press update again, in the lower right hand corner it says "already running latest version"

I never get that far.

What part are you getting stuck at?  I did have to stop/start it in the extended docker page in the unraid web GUI or else I would never get that pop-up.

Ok I finally figured it out!!  I tried Firefox instead of using IE and it works!  Sorry I wasted your time.  Thanks for your help!

hahah Good to know!  No problem and no waste at all ;)

You might add a /config folder for htpcmanager so you can save settings. I added

-v /mnt/cache/.appdata/htpcmanager/:/opt/HTPC-Manager-0.11.0/userdata:rw 

so the settings would be saved permanently.

The settings are permanent, they are just not in a user accessible area.  All of the docker info is on persistent storage.  :)

EDIT:  Can you have your docker install location not be on persistent storage?  That may have been a bad assumption by me.

You might add a /config folder for htpcmanager so you can save settings. I added

The settings are permanent, they are just not in a user accessible area.  All of the docker info is on persistent storage.  :)

EDIT:  Can you have your docker install location not be on persistent storage?  That may have been a bad assumption by me.

I know.  I meant outside the docker.  But thanks for putting it together in the first place

• 2 weeks later...

Could I please a request a modified version of the DDClient docker with the CloudFlare patch?

http://blog.peter-r.co.uk/cloudflare-ddclient-patch.html

It allows you to use a CloudFlare domain as a dynamic DNS address, DNS is free through Cloudflare.

sure.. i'll play around with it tonight

I found out my DDClient docker wasn't even working, I removed it until i get it working than I'll all CloudFlare.

Thanks for this. I'm trying to use your proxy docker to create a secure way to access my server on port 443. How would I go about doing this? Thanks again!

Sure.. I should play with SSL anyways

Still playing with SSL on my proxy docker, no success yet.  Added H5AI, a neat file indexer for HTTP web servers with focus on your files.  I put it behind a .htaccess to protect it via my reverse proxy.

<VirtualHost *:80>
	ServerName software.domain.com

ProxyPass / http://10.10.10.11:8888/
	ProxyPassReverse / http://10.10.10.11:8888/
	ProxyPassReverseCookiePath / /

<Location "/">
	AuthUserFile /config/.htpasswd
	AuthType Basic
	AuthName "Software Downloads"
	Require user admin
	</Location>
</VirtualHost>

Thanks for this. I'm trying to use your proxy docker to create a secure way to access my server on port 443. How would I go about doing this? Thanks again!

SSL is working.  Here is my config.  You will have to pull with new command in the docker page to allow port 443 to be viewable.

<VirtualHost *:443>
ServerName domain.com
ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost
DocumentRoot /var/www
   SSLEngine on
   SSLProtocol all -SSLv2
   SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT:!SSLv2:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM

SSLCertificateFile /config/ssl.crt
   SSLCertificateKeyFile /config/ssl.key
   SSLCertificateChainFile /config/sub.class1.server.ca.pem
</VirtualHost>

I'm just trying to see the live demo of UpsBoard, but am hitting a password wall.  I tried the defaults in your example config, but they didn't work.  Did I miss them in this thread?

The live demo is mine. ummmmm yeah....  I did just stick it behind SSL and .htaccess.  Here is the developers - https://mattsplex.tv/upsboard/.  I also updated the first post.  I'm turning into a trust no-one and give no-one access person...

Added config dir for HTPC manager

Wish there was something like Maraschino for Plex, one page that showed the status of Sickbeard, nzbget, etc.  Might have to do some digging and see if there is somewhere, lol.

I think there was a github fork of a Plex Maraschino...

I haven't used the EDGE variable.. but I'll see if I can get it working. 

Here is the GIT - https://github.com/gugahoi/maraschino/tree/plex

There was one for NZBDrone as well - https://github.com/gugahoi/maraschino/tree/nzbdrone

Should have some time tomorrow to play with that all included in my one maraschino docker