(For needo) - Trying to get PlexWatch docker running...

Hi,

The message is probably for needo as he created the docker for PlexWatch.  I have UnMenu, so I put the docker on 8888 instead of 8080.  The container still port point to 8080.

I have on my Unraid :

/mnt/btrfs/appdata/PlexWatch (PlexWatch folder)

/mnt/btrfs/appdata/Library....  (Plex Library etc.)

a followed the docker Readme and follow instructions to put PlexWatch.pl & the config to a PlexWatch, but point it to my /mnt/btrfs/appdata/PlexWatch instead of /opt/PlexWatch (I tried both, get same error).

My docker run is :

docker run -d --net="host" --name="plexWatch" -v /mnt/btrfs/appdata/plexWatch:/plexWatch -v /mnt/btrfs/appdata/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Logs:/logs -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -p 8888:8080 needo/plexwatch

when I go to the http://UNRAID_IP:8888/plexWatch, I have the configuration page.  I then fill in the blank and click the save.  This is where it stops going well... :

It will display a blank page.  If I reload just the plexWatch page, I have the following message :

Failed to access Plex Media Server. Please check your settings.

If I check the settings, I can see that strange thing :

Version Information

plexWatch/Web Version: v1.5.4.2

plexWatch Version: v

There is no version number... ?! 

Any help appreciate, i'm trying to move away from XEN TretflixVM to Docker.  I already have a PlexMediaServer docker, a NZBDrone and NZBGet.  I only miss a ProFTPd or PureFTPd and the PlexWatch...

thanks !

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Plex/Plexwatch needs to use port 8080.  You can reconfigure unmenu to use a different port by

Add this line to your unmenu_local.conf :

Code: [select]

MyPort = 8000 (or any other port not being used)

You'll have to restart unmenu for it to take effect.

how to restart UnMenu without restarting the hole server ? 

I tried to use  : 

killall awk

/boot/unmenu/uu

My UnMenu run now on port 9000, but I can't run the docker because it says that the Port is already in use ?? If I go to my browser, There is nothing answering to port 8080...

Any idea ??

Thanks for the Restart command...

but I still see that :

root@localhost:# /usr/bin/docker run -d --name="PlexWatch" --net="bridge" --privileged="true" -p 8080:8080/tcp -v "/mnt/btrfs/appdata/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Logs/":"/Logs":rw -v "/mnt/btrfs/appdata/plexWatch/":"/plexWatch":rw -v "/etc/localtime":"/etc/localtime":ro needo/plexwatch
96659aaf6ab93435798b7b08aba3538900e35825b0ea081de4d4e1c49b569cae
2014/07/08 20:38:57 Error: Cannot start container 96659aaf6ab93435798b7b08aba3538900e35825b0ea081de4d4e1c49b569cae: port has already been allocated

The command failed.

Thanks for the Restart command...

but I still see that :

root@localhost:# /usr/bin/docker run -d --name="PlexWatch" --net="bridge" --privileged="true" -p 8080:8080/tcp -v "/mnt/btrfs/appdata/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Logs/":"/Logs":rw -v "/mnt/btrfs/appdata/plexWatch/":"/plexWatch":rw -v "/etc/localtime":"/etc/localtime":ro needo/plexwatch
96659aaf6ab93435798b7b08aba3538900e35825b0ea081de4d4e1c49b569cae
2014/07/08 20:38:57 Error: Cannot start container 96659aaf6ab93435798b7b08aba3538900e35825b0ea081de4d4e1c49b569cae: port has already been allocated

The command failed.

Did you do
docker stop PlexWatch
docker rm PlexWatch
docker rmi needo/plexwatch

and then do your run command.

No, I use the Dockers Plugin someone here created.  Finally, I rebooted the server.  The docker can now run, but It still can't access the Plex Media Server Docker. 

I tried putting the IP of my Xen TretflixVM Plex M. Server, and it loads... So it seems the issue is that It can't reach the other docker PMS... I don't know why, because I can from the browser... I tried the IP, Localhost, 0.0.0.0... Still same error...

And the version doesn't display is something not normal too...

I'll try 127.0.0.1.  If it doesn't work, i'll check to Plex Media Server Docker... maybe change the networking option.

No, I use the Dockers Plugin someone here created.  Finally, I rebooted the server.  The docker can now run, but It still can't access the Plex Media Server Docker. 

I tried putting the IP of my Xen TretflixVM Plex M. Server, and it loads... So it seems the issue is that It can't reach the other docker PMS... I don't know why, because I can from the browser... I tried the IP, Localhost, 0.0.0.0... Still same error...

And the version doesn't display is something not normal too...

I'll try 127.0.0.1.  If it doesn't work, i'll check to Plex Media Server Docker... maybe change the networking option.

What does it show under "ports" in the Dockers Plugin.  It is a hyperlink that should open to the correct ip address and port.  Also click under the "status" that is also a hyperlink to the log for that particular docker.

Ok... messed a lot of thing... I tried to change my PMS docker from "Host" network to "Bridge" network... the Host network option doesn't let you choose a port, but It works on 32400.  If I put "Bridge" and specify the 32400 port, the server is not even seen by the web interface of Plex (not PlexWatch, Plex!) meaning it doesn't work at all...

I'll continue playing around as I just started yesterday on docker!

Finally, everything is fine now. 

So far, I have that :

Plex Media Server (docker)

PlexWatch (docker)

NZBGet (docker)

NZBDrone (docker)

I'm looking into that :

Pydio (docker)

PureFTPd or VSFTPd or ProFTPd (docker) <--  I need to be able to have multiple User account and with bandwidth control (limiting my upload thru FTP)

PlexConnect (docker)

other cool Docker :)

Finally, everything is fine now. 

That is great to hear. Sorry I missed this thread earlier. Been one of those days...

PlexConnect (docker)

I have a PlexConnect docker but I don't own an AppleTV if you happen to use mine please let me know how it works for you as I have not been able to personally test it.

Thank you.

Needo's plexconnect works fine

i use it every day as i have an apple tv 2 in my bedroom

so in the evening i watch series with that

Please be aware that if you have plexconnect running already from my plugin that you first before installing needo's docker as a best practise make a backup of your ssl keys/certs which are in the folder <your patch to plexconnect>/assets/certificates

i had the docker overwrite mine but since then needo updated the docker already with my advice ..... normally should not happen again ... but better be safe....

just would hate you to have to hack your apple tv again to add the new certs ....

just would hate you to have to hack your apple tv again to add the new certs ....

I did not tried yet PlexConnect needo Docker, i currently run it from a Xen VM.  I'll migrate later to the docker.

You do know that you can add the Certs without having to even connect the ATV3 to the computer again? you can add it in the official ATV3 Gui :

http://miapple.me/plexconnect-installling-certificates-on-apple-tv-without-usb/

• 3 weeks later...

Does someone have a walkthrough on how to setup plexWatch? I am using gfjardim plugin to install it with.  I had posted this is wrong spot so I repost it here.

Ok I have it setup and I getting this error - AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 172.17.0.10. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message

Anyone have an idea?

Does someone have a walkthrough on how to setup plexWatch? I am using gfjardim plugin to install it with.  I had posted this is wrong spot so I repost it here.

I using Needo docker container.

Ok I have it setup and I getting this error - AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 172.17.0.10. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message

Anyone have an idea?

What files do you have in your PlexWatch config directory?

I have the following files:

root@MediaTower:/mnt/appdisk/apps/plexWatch# ls -l
total 1368
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users    574 Jul 26 21:46 config.php
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users  10658 Aug  1 20:49 config.pl
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users  10706 Jul 19 10:53 config.pl-dist
drwxrwxrwx 2 nobody users   4096 Aug  1 11:13 db_backups/
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users 185427 Aug  1 20:57 debug.log
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users 949248 Aug  1 21:02 plexWatch.db
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users  47867 Aug  1 20:57 plexWatch.log
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 170701 Jul 19 10:53 plexWatch.pl*

The drive mappings I used for the installation:

/mnt/appdisk/apps/plex/library/Plex Media Server/Logs/:/logs:rw
/mnt/appdisk/apps/plexWatch/:/plexWatch:rw

The beginning of my config.pl file:

$data_dir = '/plexWatch'; ## to store the DB, logfile - can be the same as this script

$server_log = '/logs/Plex Media Server.log'; ## used to log IP address of user (alpha)
$log_client_ip = 1; ## requires $server_log to be available too. (requires File::ReadBackwards)
            ## also required DEBUG log to be turned on in the PMS

$debug_logging = 1; ## logs to $data_dir/debug.log ( not verbose enough yet.. still todo )

## myplex user/pass ONLY required if you have set the PMS to 'Require authentication on local networks' and $server is not set to localhost
$myPlex_user = 'xxxxxx';
$myPlex_pass = 'yyyyyy';

$server = '192.168.1.222'; ## IP of PMS - or localhost
$port = 32400;         ## port of PMS

$notify_started = 1;   # !deprecated -- does nothing anymore (use push_watched, push_watching in $notify)
$notify_stopped = 1;   # !deprecated -- does nothing anymore (use push_watched, push_watching in $notify)

$appname = 'plexWatch';

The contents of my config.php file:

<?php
require_once '/var/www/html/plexWatch/includes/functions.php';
$plexWatch['dateFormat'] = 'm/d/Y';
$plexWatch['timeFormat'] = 'g:i a';
$plexWatch['pmsIp'] = 'localhost';
$plexWatch['pmsHttpPort'] = '32400';
$plexWatch['pmsHttpsPort'] = '32443';
$plexWatch['https'] = 'no';
$plexWatch['plexWatchDb'] = '/plexWatch/plexWatch.db';
$plexWatch['myPlexUser'] = 'xxxxxx';
$plexWatch['myPlexPass'] = 'yyyyyy';
$plexWatch['myPlexAuthToken'] = '';
$plexWatch['globalHistoryGrouping'] = 'no';
$plexWatch['userHistoryGrouping'] = 'no';
$plexWatch['chartsGrouping'] = 'no';

Do you have your Plex Server setup to require authorization for access on local network?  I disabled mine temporarily until I got it working without authorization.

Did you install the PlexWatch Docker container in Bridge mode or Host mode?  I couldn't get it to work unless I installed in Host mode.

What where your steps on 1 thru 3 that needio says you need to do?

Created a "plexWatch" folder on my apps drive.

sudo wget -P /mnt/appdisk/apps/plexWatch/ https://raw.github.com/ljunkie/plexWatch/master/plexWatch.pl
sudo wget -P /mnt/appdisk/apps/plexWatch/ https://raw.github.com/ljunkie/plexWatch/master/config.pl-dist
sudo chmod 777 /mnt/appdisk/apps/plexWatch && sudo chmod 755 /mnt/appdisk/apps/plexWatch/plexWatch.pl
sudo cp /mnt/appdisk/apps/plexWatch/config.pl-dist /mnt/appdisk/apps/plexWatch/config.pl

Then edited the config.pl file per my earlier post.

What where your steps on 1 thru 3 that needio says you need to do?

Created a "plexWatch" folder on my apps drive.

sudo wget -P /mnt/appdisk/apps/plexWatch/ https://raw.github.com/ljunkie/plexWatch/master/plexWatch.pl
sudo wget -P /mnt/appdisk/apps/plexWatch/ https://raw.github.com/ljunkie/plexWatch/master/config.pl-dist
sudo chmod 777 /mnt/appdisk/apps/plexWatch && sudo chmod 755 /mnt/appdisk/apps/plexWatch/plexWatch.pl
sudo cp /mnt/appdisk/apps/plexWatch/config.pl-dist /mnt/appdisk/apps/plexWatch/config.pl

Then edited the config.pl file per my earlier post.

That's the same way I did mine.  I just removed it all and started over and picked host instead of bridge and now it connects to my plex but shows the following error.

Failed to access plexWatch database. Please check your settings.

I think its a permission thing.  Seems it wants to use root root.