add old hard drive - Unraid wont boot....????

Currently running 5.0.  Did have 2 GIG Parity and 2 GIG disk 1.  Upgraded to 4 GIG parity and that worked no problem.  I tried to take my old 2 GIG parity and add to SATA slot 3 on motherboard. I wanted to wipe clean and use as a data disk.    When I boot server nothing happens.  All I get after about 30 seconds after I hit power is a blinking cursor.  Unraid never tries to boot. I am assumng it is confused about the old 2 GIG disk. 

When I remove the old parity and let the new parity and existing disk boot, on the screen I get the following message.  sda1: volume was not properly unmounted.  Some date may be corrupt.  Please run fsck.  sda1 was the old name of the first parity

Any ideas?

Most likely sda1 in this instance is your flash drive. The sdx designation is not constant between reboots.

Probably your BIOS is confused by the changes and is no longer trying to boot from the flash. Also, you should probably put your flash drive in your PC and run checkdisk on it.

It is often possible, depending on your BIOS, to set up your USB stick as a "forced floppy". Once you do that and reboot back into BIOS you should see the USB stick as a removable device instead of as a hard disk. If you set up to boot from the USB as a removable device and not from the USB as a hard drive, adding and rearranging disk should not impact booting.