MovieGrabber - xml and discussion

hi eroz, had a quick scan around for you and found somebody specifying the following in their dockerfile when using the phusion base image:-

# Set correct environment variables.
ENV LANG en_US.UTF-8
ENV LC_ALL en_US.UTF-8

# set sane locale
RUN locale-gen en_US.UTF-8

might be worth a go, i use something similar in my arch linux based dockerfiles.

hi eroz, had a quick scan around for you and found somebody specifying the following in their dockerfile when using the phusion base image:-

# Set correct environment variables.
ENV LANG en_US.UTF-8
ENV LC_ALL en_US.UTF-8

# set sane locale
RUN locale-gen en_US.UTF-8

might be worth a go, i use something similar in my arch linux based dockerfiles.

Thanks binhex! I'll give that a try and add it to the docker. I was going crazy trying to figure it out since since Google kept saying it had to do with UTF-8 and I kept checking my dockerfile and it was set inside of it.

hehe, no probs, my heart sinks when i see encode/decode issues, especially in python, it's a bitch to sort out as python 2 defaults to ascii char set, python 3 is utf8 though by default so less chance of decode/encode issues, but what your seeing is def NOT related to python (my code) and is all to do with locale in the docker image :-), i hope it fixes it for you, if it does i strongly encourage you to nudge needo and check he is setting this and if not then i would advise he should set it in all his dockerfiles cos sooner or later there will be an app installed that requires it is set correctly.

hehe, no probs, my heart sinks when i see encode/decode issues, especially in python, it's a bitch to sort out as python 2 defaults to ascii char set, python 3 is utf8 though by default so less chance of decode/encode issues, but what your seeing is def NOT related to python (my code) and is all to do with locale in the docker image :-), i hope it fixes it for you, if it does i strongly encourage you to nudge needo and check he is setting this and if not then i would advise he should set it in all his dockerfiles cos sooner or later there will be an app installed that requires it is set correctly.

That did the trick. I'm now up and running!  Thanks binhex!