unRaid not seeing JBOD drives

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I realized that, after, on my server without Dynamix installed.  Dynamix does not provide that screen/info.

So it seems unRAID is not initializing your card properly.

In your "Advanced Configuration" screen you have an option called "BIOS Selection".  Have you tried any other options here?  My card does not have that option.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've attached a screenshot for comparison.  My drives are configured as "RAID Set" (Raid0 single drive) automatically when I plug them in.

I have a much older controller with older firmware but I just purchased a ARC-1280ML so I'll see how that works in a new server I'm building.

how it going? any luck with the ARC-1280ML?

• 3 weeks later...

I've attached a screenshot for comparison.  My drives are configured as "RAID Set" (Raid0 single drive) automatically when I plug them in.

I have a much older controller with older firmware but I just purchased a ARC-1280ML so I'll see how that works in a new server I'm building.

ok found the "RAID Set" had to do it assign the drives manually to a Raid set but dont see anything close to the 2nd half of your screenshot. To create a raid set the card have to be in Raid mode, the option is greyed out in JBOD mode..

areca_zpsb7b461fd.jpg

still didnt show drives in unRaid so i looked at the section to create a volume set but that only showed Raid0 nothing like JBOD

• 2 weeks later...