Torrent Noob - Need Help

I am looking for some assistance from someone more knowledgeable on this topic than me. I have been using SAB/SickBeard/CouchPotato for NZB/Usenet grabbing for a couple of years, and am happy with it. However, I do occasionally need to look to torrents to get missing files, and I have friends who don't want to invest in Usenet and rely solely on torrents for their tv/movies.

I am looking for some recommendations for applications (ideally that already have a docker container) as well as instructions on setting them up.

I tried running Deluge from Needo, but am at a loss on even how I need to configure it (what the hell are eggs?), let alone integrate it with something like Sickbeard that monitors TV shows.

I don't know if I should be trying to stick with Deluge, or try transmission, utorrent, rutorrent or who knows what. I also don't see any of these apps offered in containers other than deluge.

I am assuming deluge (or whatever app) is basically taking the place of SAB, and I still need a Sickbeard equivalent and CouchPotato equivalent to search for content to get passed to deluge, but maybe I am overcomplicating things.

Any suggestions on apps, and detailed installation guides would be really appreciated.