How to edit a dockerfile locally

I'm wanting to edit a dockerfile that's used to create an image that I'm using.  When you pull an image from the docker repo, does it include the dockerfile?  I'm guessing that in order to build from a dockerfile I need to pull from the user's github first and then build from that source, but I wanted to check on that with the docker power users around here.

I'm wanting to edit a dockerfile that's used to create an image that I'm using.  When you pull an image from the docker repo, does it include the dockerfile?  I'm guessing that in order to build from a dockerfile I need to pull from the user's github first and then build from that source, but I wanted to check on that with the docker power users around here.

You have to clone the repository into your server, via git or wget. Then you can edit the Dockerfile as you see fit.

The command to build a container is : docker build -t IMAGENAME /path/of/dockerfile/