Is docker of NZBget been updated to NZBGet 13 yet?

Tags are more "human readable". But I can work with pretty much anything.

SVN revision numbers are part of the testing releases names (like nzbget-testing-14.0-r1070). NZBGet users are familiar with that numbers and will have no problems with them. Tags in contrary are strangers since they are never mentioned on the forum or in NZBGet docs.

I appreciate your work, guys, in providing NZBGet packages for unRAID users. If you have any questions or suggestions please contact me at [email protected] or via NZBGet forum. I will monitor this thread too but I may miss something.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gfjardim is a particularly good example of how elegant and powerful it is.

https://github.com/gfjardim/docker-nzbget

Looks very clean.

I've noticed one thing - it lists both OpenSSL and GnuTLS in the dependencies (libssl-dev libgnutls-dev). NZBGet choose one during configure-step and doesn't require both. I recommend OpenSSL.

Thanks! Fixed.

I've updated the EDGE script, EDGE variable now can be version in XX.X format or revision in XXXX format.  Interesting EDGE values are 13.0 for v.13 and 1070 for 14.0-testing. Also, it will now compile libpar2 with the submitted patch.

There was a problem with the config not being updated. That's fixed now too.

Just remembering, the alternate repository is gfjardim/nzbget.

gfjardim : 

There was a problem with the config not being updated. That's fixed now too.

Does this mean that the Settings I change (Post-Processing Script) will now be retain and all errors regarding values not in config won't appear ?

I don't know about the pp-scripts, but after saving the config for the first time, those log config errors will be gone.

gfjardim, the docker run command on your github refers to needo's repository. I assume you just forgot to update it.

I already have needo's (12.0) installed from the template. I assume I can just replace the repository with yours and it will pick up where it left off using the same -v mappings, right?

gfjardim, the docker run command on your github refers to needo's repository. I assume you just forgot to update it.

I already have needo's (12.0) installed from the template. I assume I can just replace the repository with yours and it will pick up where it left off using the same -v mappings, right?

It's a fork, I don't expect to maintain this, is just a proof of concept. Use the Extended Config Plugin and add it from the template, modifying the Repository and setting the EDGE variable.

It's a fork, I don't expect to maintain this, is just a proof of concept. Use the Extended Config Plugin and add it from the template, modifying the Repository and setting the EDGE variable.

Nice work. Couple of things. The nzbget template still says needo as well and mentions nothing about edge. Is the plan to send a PR to needo?

Also since it seems nzbget proper will support this type of deployment we should somehow make it clear that users should ideally get application support at the application specific support channels (the crux of all the heated debate).

Edit: gfjardim given there is often base config file changes we should probably use the nzbget.conf shipped with the specific nzbget build on first run rather than a static point in time version

Nice work. Couple of things. The nzbget template still says needo as well and mentions nothing about edge. Is the plan to send a PR to needo?

Also since it seems nzbget proper will support this type of deployment we should somehow make it clear that users should ideally get application support at the application specific support channels (the crux of all the heated debate).

Edit: gfjardim given there is often base config file changes we should probably use the nzbget.conf shipped with the specific nzbget build on first run rather than a static point in time version

1) I'll send needo a PR, but I don't know if it's in his plans to add this kind of code in his containers.

2) There's been some kind o tension between users and developers about this EDGE thing (I think it's a needo's invention). Users want it every time and developers don't like it because it's an extra portion of code to support. Those Python programs, like CouchPotato, are easily updated via GIT, but the compiled ones require some extra steps, so...

3) Yes, I figured it out. I'll remove the included template and start to use the included one in the /usr/share path.

PS. I've never used NZBGet before (SABnzbd's kind of fan) but it's very nice, seems to handle incomplete downloads better, smaller footprint and this new PAR2 verification is very fast.

Yeah nzbget left sabnzb in its dust a long time ago now. IMHO a lot of users are only recently coming to it because of the libpar2 dependency making only ancient versions available via their normal binary sources. I was hoping those days were gone but it seems the they have returned with v14. This doesn't matter much to us as docker gives a containerised way around it but for many this will lock people to v12 (maybe 13) for a long time.

The problem with EDGE is that the reality is almost no user that use nightly, testing or dev code has any intention of being a tester and doing the work that entails. Its shiny kit syndrome and thats fine just not if people expect support. Even if you tell people it is provided without support when it breaks they will still try to get it etc and that just increases background displeasure in the forums.

But this has been an interesting test case as we are close to being able to deliver the application here but offload support elsewhere. This is win-win for everyone and in that model making bleeding edge code availble might actially be a bonus for the upstream projects. We just have to work out a way of presenting this to non hardcore forum members so they only see the most stable of options and undertsand if they stray from that it comes without warrenty etc.

At some point it might be worth putting together a community docker team and making them all administrators of a new github project. This way people like needo and yourself dont get stuck doing stuff solely by yourself. The team wouldnt need to be very large to make this a bit smoother. It also ensure people can walk away without the proecjts needing forked to maintain them again.

Anyway thats a discussion for another day.

Nice work on #3

Yeah nzbget left sabnzb in its dust a long time ago now. IMHO a lot of users are only recently coming to it because of the libpar2 dependency making only ancient versions available via their normal binary sources. I was hoping those days were gone but it seems the they have returned with v14. This doesn't matter much to us as docker gives a containerised way around it but for many this will lock people to v12 (maybe 13) for a long time.

The problem with EDGE is that the reality is almost no user that use nightly, testing or dev code has any intention of being a tester and doing the work that entails. Its shiny kit syndrome and thats fine just not if people expect support. Even if you tell people it is provided without support when it breaks they will still try to get it etc and that just increases background displeasure in the forums.

But this has been an interesting test case as we are close to being able to deliver the application here but offload support elsewhere. This is win-win for everyone and in that model making bleeding edge code availble might actially be a bonus for the upstream projects. We just have to work out a way of presenting this to non hardcore forum members so they only see the most stable of options and undertsand if they stray from that it comes without warrenty etc.

At some point it might be worth putting together a community docker team and making them all administrators of a new github project. This way people like needo and yourself dont get stuck doing stuff solely by yourself. The team wouldnt need to be very large to make this a bit smoother. It also ensure people can walk away without the proecjts needing forked to maintain them again.

Anyway thats a discussion for another day.

Nice work on #3

needo has accepted the PR: https://github.com/needo37/nzbget

EDGE for the masses!

NZBGet has an auto update function, and I managed to make it work with Docker.

It relies on downloading pre-compiled packages from a repository, so users can choose between staying with the Ubuntu stable, the current stable or the testing version. No build packages needed, just one .deb file is downloaded. Updates occurs on the fly, no container restart needed.

This is just a fork. Using the README command will import needo's container.

https://github.com/gfjardim/nzbget

Since we are discussing NZBGET, I need some more guidance on some scripts.

I am back at the beginning re setting up my nzb solution. The post processing script appears to be working but fails to move the video and I am not getting enough information on how to fix it.

http://pastebin.com/P4GhDHDJ <------nzbget log

Another question:

I have tried using NZBTOMEDIA scripts and NZBTONZBDRONE and they both fail. But for some reason I have to go into autoprocessmedia.cfg and manually change item, I thought the gui would look after this portion.

My question is what is the proper script to edit in the gui

Since we are discussing NZBGET, I need some more guidance on some scripts.

I am back at the beginning re setting up my nzb solution. The post processing script appears to be working but fails to move the video and I am not getting enough information on how to fix it.

http://pastebin.com/P4GhDHDJ <------nzbget log

Another question:

I have tried using NZBTOMEDIA scripts and NZBTONZBDRONE and they both fail. But for some reason I have to go into autoprocessmedia.cfg and manually change item, I thought the gui would look after this portion.

My question is what is the proper script to edit in the gui

I've fixed this in my NZBGet container. Just change the repository from needo/nzbget to gfjardim/nzbget and give a try. If you're using 13.0, you have to update first, in Settings/System/Update NZBget