Difficulty getting PLEX installed

As per the subject title.. haven't been able to get PLEX installed/working.

I'm running ver: 6.0 beta6

According to my server it says it is installed, but I cant start the service (when I put Enable to YES and put in the information and hit apply, nothing happens).

NNZDCmD.jpg?1

I originally installed PMS and PMS Updater via control panel and also tried hitting the START button via there as well to no avail. I tried hitting Reinstall Plg but I get the following error:

plugin: installing: /boot/config/plugins/PlexMediaServer-*-unRAID.txz

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/boot/config/plugins/PlexMediaServer-*-unRAID.txz" in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/plgMan/plugin on line 125

plugin: warning: no name attribute, installing anyway

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/boot/config/plugins/PlexMediaServer-*-unRAID.txz" in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/plgMan/plugin on line 125

plugin: xml parse error

Anyone have any idea on how I can get it working?

Thanks for responding trurl. I installed the plugin straight from the control panel addon. I am guessing it is not 64 bit then. Any guide on how to get it installed through docker? I have a docker icon under my extensions tab, but when I click on the START button I get an error that quickly flashes by saying I must install docker off of a btrfs device. I searched for some more docker information and came across the docker quickstart guide.. but it didn't contain any information about how to get started if you don't know what a btrfs device is =). Further advice would be appreciated and thanks for your time!

Edit.. hmm looking at the btrfs guide on the forums here is a bit confusing to me as a newb.. It looks like I can make a btrfs "partition" on my usb boot drive? It is large enough at 36gb.

Meh looks like I may have to get another drive for caching purposes? I am a Plus user without a current flash drive.. it says Docker works better on an SSD.. so I should just pick up an SSD tomorrow and install it as a cache drive and follow the forum instructions? Any suggestions on the type and size I should get for an SSD? Will the cache drive still be able to operate as a cache drive after it is formatted for btrfs as well as work for docker?

Thanks!

Awesome. Thanks for the info and links. The only problem is I follow the instructions to install and get the following message.

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/b      oot/config/plugins/plexmediaserver.64bit.plg" in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/plgMa      n/plugin on line 125

root@Skrumpy-NAS:/boot# installplg /boot/config/plugins/plexmediaserver.64bit.plg

plugin: installing: /boot/config/plugins/plexmediaserver.64bit.plg

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/boot/config/plugins/plexmediaserver.64bit.plg" in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/plgMan/plugin on line 125

plugin: warning: no name attribute, installing anyway

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/boot/config/plugins/plexmediaserver.64bit.plg" in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/plgMan/plugin on line 125

Any ideas?

Any ideas?

Bad download of the plugin?  (I've seen those types of errors when people incorrectly download the files from the github page.)

Did you download the plugin directly from the first post of that link I provided?

Right-click the Unraid 6 version of Plex Media Server and do a "save as" to your computer and put that file on your flash drive.

Bad download of the plugin?  (I've seen those types of errors when people incorrectly download the files from the github page.)

Did you download the plugin directly from the first post of that link I provided?

Right-click the Unraid 6 version of Plex Media Server and do a "save as" to your computer and put that file on your flash drive.

Well I don't know how it could be a bad download. I did exactly as described. The plexmediaserver.64bit.plg file was saved in in the config/plugins folder located on my flash boot drive.

Opening the plg in a txt reader shows that it looks like it is proper:

<?xml version='1.0' standalone='yes'?>

<PLUGIN>

<!--

This Plugin installs and controls Plex Media Server for UnRaid.

All dependencies are installed as needed and everything is controllable from the webgui

Troy: I have heavily updated this plugin originally created / modified by Tim Alexander.

This now contains more options and some validity to information added as to not break the app with invalid options.

When invalid options are found, default values are loaded in its place.

Spaces will be replaced with _ as passing anythign with a space breaks these plugins.

Empty values which also break plugins, are replaced with default values also.

-->

<FILE Name="/tmp/chk-network" Run="/bin/bash">

<INLINE>

<![CDATA[

#!/bin/sh

# Test the network for 30 seconds or until ready

TIMER=30

while [ $TIMER -gt 0 ]; do

GATEWAY=$(route -n | awk '/^0.0.0.0/ {print $2}')

if [ -n "$GATEWAY" ] && [ $(ping -q -n -c 1 $GATEWAY | awk -F, '/received/ {print $2}' | awk '{print $1}') -eq 1 ]; then

break

fi

TIMER=$((TIMER-1))

sleep 1

done

if [ $TIMER -eq 0 ]; then

echo "There is no network communication!"

fi

rm -f /tmp/chk-network

]]>

</INLINE>

</FILE>

<FILE Name="/boot/packages/binutils-2.23.52.0.1-x86_64-2.txz" Run="upgradepkg --install-new">

<URL>

...... continues on.....

I tried save as in 2 different browsers just to be sure and I get the same error no matter what I try.

Is the code you posted actually the file that is in /boot/config/plugins, or is it the file you downloaded to your PC? It could be that it didn't get copied to the server correctly. Maybe a corrupt file system on the flash.

That is a copy-n-paste directly from the file on the NAS. I saved it directly from the browser to the flash drive. I doubt it's a bad flash drive (it's relatively new and this would be the first time it's ever failed) but I guess it could be. I have copied the file a few times now and get the same deal. Any way to test the flash drive?