NZBDrone & SabNZBd Permissions and Simlinks nightmare!

Hi,

I have been trying for the best part of 3 days to solve this problem and still getting absolutely nowhere.

Got both running (hoping to add CP and Plex into the mix too), but getting them to work side-by-side nicely is an absolute mission.

I'm using a fresh install of unRAID v6 with Docker Extension Page and trying to keep up with all the simlinks is a nightmare, however, according to NZBDrone's Wiki... this states Docker shouldn't be able to work with NZBDrone because the downloads have either no permission (simlinks :rw didn't work) or have to be on the system with the same path.

Is there an easy way around this?

Also, SabNZBd is playing silly sods too. When installing and trying to tell Sab where to download too, it gets completely ignored and the Downloads folder is dumped into the Config folder no matter what it's told.

Can someone write up a step by step guide for newbies how to perhaps get Plex/Sab/NZBDrone/CP installed into a standalone install into the Cache drive that's not as confusing as hell and will render results, rather than wrestling with something that doesnt seem to want to work correctly... And supply info on there setup please!

Someone must have cracked it, but the write ups are few and far between.  Trust me, if I could have, I'd have written it all down and posted it up!

The usual 'use the Extension page' suggestion is also getting me nowhere, I understand it, how it works etc, but there is too much to organise to get it correct.

Help hugely appreciated as always!

Shares:

/appdata

/cache

/data (Movies, Television)

/docker

Dockers in use are:

needo/couchpotato

needo/nzbdrone

needo/sabnzbd

eschultz/docker-plex

I'd like to install these as well:

mariadb

XBMC Headless Server

ownCloud (maybe)

Headphones

LazyLibrarian

I am loosing the will to live with Docker, surely it cannot be this hard!

easiest solution:

-v /mnt/user:/mnt/user

that makes any docker work exactly like unRAID.  All you shares will be accessed with /mnt/user/whateveryourlookingfor

try that, and if you still have issues, write back.

This .... For me it was the only way to make the apps see all of my folders and properly configure the, within the app

How does Sab move files to the data share?

Is this correct? Baring in mind I want everything to be able to communicate with each other easily, instead of the current nightmare I find myself in!

docker run -d --name="nzbdrone" -v /mnt/cache/appdata/nzbdrone:/config:rw -v /mnt/user:/mnt/user -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -p 8989:8989 needo/nzbdrone         

that looks correct.  SAB moves files wherever you tell it, in the settings of SAB directly.  With that run command, any folder location you assign in SAB will start with /mnt/user/

Once you type (or paste) that into the box in SAB, including the / then the box will show a dropdown that lists all subfolders under that location, which will be all your user shares.  Just navigate from there to whatever folder you want, and you should be good.

** I added a screenshot for you.

SAB.jpg.781ebc77ef8ab4ec99ad98f9b2a26af7.jpg

That doesn't seem to have worked:

2014-07-30 10:39:07,430 ERROR: Post Processing Failed for filename.S01E04.720p.HDTV.x264-2HD (Cannot create final folder /mnt/user/data/Television/filename.S01E04.720p.HDTV.x264-2HD)

where did you get that error, in SAB, or someplace else.  That looks like a permissions issue, or a mistake in folder path.  Are you sure your Television folder has a capital T, or is it perhaps television?

What are your permissions in SAB?

You'll need to provide more information as to what your current settings are if we are to help you.

That doesn't seem to have worked:

2014-07-30 10:39:07,430 ERROR: Post Processing Failed for filename.S01E04.720p.HDTV.x264-2HD (Cannot create final folder /mnt/user/data/Television/filename.S01E04.720p.HDTV.x264-2HD)

filename.S01E04.720p.HDTV.x264-2HD

filename doesn't look right.  It should be the name of the show.

first, try /mnt/user/data/Television (notice the / before mnt)

Then, if that doesn't work, share your folders again, as that was your categories also.

Next, I'm not sure if tv and movies needs to be under groups on the right.

Finally, if still not working, show me your shares, but deeper, show a screenshot of /user/data/Television, so I can see the whole path.

first, try /mnt/user/data/Television (notice the / before mnt)[/img]

That is what I had before but I'll try again.

Then, if that doesn't work, share your folders again, as that was your categories also.

I'm not sure what you mean?

Next, I'm not sure if tv and movies needs to be under groups on the right.

Removed.

Finally, if still not working, show me your shares, but deeper, show a screenshot of /user/data/Television, so I can see the whole path.

Attached

nothing attached, I still can't see your folder structure.

Open SABnzbd, go to config, folders.  There, in teh box to the right of Temporary Download Folder type /mnt/user/

do you see a dropdown box that shows your user shares?

if not, the docker is not setup correctly.

Have you installed the docker plugin?  Are you using it?  I ask because it does not require you to enter your own run command, it basically does everything for you.  If you are not using it, I suggest that you should.