Display device SMART data in webGui

jonp

• 5 weeks later...

will this also be extended to keep track of said data? smart history... 

main thing is to see baseline data from when the drive was first installed.. and then to keep tabs of it over time to see if there is anything that starts to stand out.. 

for reference I do this in excel at the moment (take stats every few months, hide old data columns):

hdd.png

In addition to a few smart values I monitor, I keep track of the make/model/serial/warranty info in case I need to RMA.

I have a conditional formatting of the value to warn me of thresholds which will give me a quick glance on if there is anything i should watch out for.. like hd warranty about to expire.. or power on hours getting near threshold to start thinking about replacing.. etc

POH = Power On Hours.

LLC (really should be LCC, typo on image) = Load Cycle Count

I agree with zoggy. It would be nice if there were at least 3 columns of data.  The initial values are read and stored when the drive is first added to the array.  The Current test show the values from the current smart data.  The Last test shows the values from the previous view.

Paremeter a      Initial test    Last test      Current test

Paremeter b      Initial test    Last test      Current test

Paremeter c      Initial test    Last test      Current test

Not only should the smart data be viewable on the webGui, there should be a button to save it as a dos.txt file.

Either save it to some log directory on the flash share, or make it downloadable to the browser client for upload/attachment to the Forum. It would help if it's a .txt file in DOS CRLF format.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

This feature has been added as of 6.0 beta-12.  Further refinement will occur in future releases.

I know I am beginning to sound like a one string banjo when it comes to addressing issues and future development of Unraid but I feel I must keep plucking ....

Since I have started using v6bx - one of the things I am most disappointed about is that the webGui does not yet provide the full S.M.A.R.T report meaning I have to drop to the command line when I want to get this data as documented in the Wiki (http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php?title=Troubleshooting#Obtaining_a_SMART_report).

Once again I repeat - LT's position is that they only want and expect the ADVANCED user to drop to the command line (which has been used as an argument for not implementing other features) HOWEVER obtaining a FULL S.M.A.R.T report is essential when dealing with a failing / failed drive which EVERY user of Unraid will experience.

Why didn't the implementation of this feature go ALL the way and present the FULL report for download from the GUI?

EDIT: changed post for clarity. Post is about the need to obtain AND download a FULL report. When asking for assistance from the community it is almost the first thing that is requested. I do believe even a senior member (not sure which from memory now) has this in their sig to prompt users to do it when there is an issue. Point is - if EVERY user is expected to do it then it should be doable from the GUI.

This feature has been added as of 6.0 beta-12.  Further refinement will occur in future releases.

I know I am beginning to sound like a one string banjo when it comes to addressing issues and future development of Unraid but I feel I must keep plucking ....

Since I have started using v6bx - one of the things I am most disappointed about is that the webGui does not yet provide the full S.M.A.R.T report meaning I have to drop to the command line when I want to get this data as documented in the Wiki (http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php?title=Troubleshooting#Obtaining_a_SMART_report).

Once again I repeat - LT's position is that they only want and expect the ADVANCED user to drop to the command line (which has been used as an argument for not implementing other features) HOWEVER obtaining a FULL S.M.A.R.T report is essential when dealing with a failing / failed drive which EVERY user of Unraid will experience.

Why didn't the implementation of this feature go ALL the way and present the FULL report on the GUI?

Just for interest - what do you think is missing from the current information displayed by the GUI?  As far as I can see it is all there under the Disk Health tab albeit split over several dialogs. 

This does not mean it cannot be improved.  Obvious enhancements include:

• Adding a button to download the complete report
  • Giving some history of the SMART attributes so you can see change over time

Why didn't the implementation of this feature go ALL the way and present the FULL report on the GUI?

Just for interest - what do you think is missing from the current information displayed by the GUI?  As far as I can see it is all there under the Disk Health tab albeit split over several dialogs. 

Hi! I was referring to my ability to capture a FULL report that I could post on the forum for support (which ultimately is what I and probably most other users would do in the event of an issue). The data presented when you click the drive link in the GUI is quite comprehensive.

Maybe I have had too much Red wine tonight (Saturday night here in AUS  :)) ....

Sorry if I wasn't clear. Might have to stop drinking - or posting!  ;D

Hi! I was referring to my ability to capture a FULL report that I could post on the forum for support (which ultimately is what I and probably most other users would do in the event of an issue). The data presented when you click the drive link in the GUI is quite comprehensive.

Maybe I have had too much Red wine tonight (Saturday night here in AUS  :)) ....

Sorry if I wasn't clear. Might have to stop drinking - or posting!  ;D

OK - I see where you are coming from.  At the moment you have to grab the data from several dialogs although in practice probably only some of them (e.g. attributes) are needed in most cases.  I guess adding the Download button I mentioned to get the full report would satisfy the particular need of getting the material for a forum post (and is probably easy to do).

I was a bit worried that you had suggested it was not possible to point new users to the appropriate part of the GUI to get particular information, but it appears that was not the point you were trying to make.

OK - I see where you are coming from.  At the moment you have to grab the data from several dialogs although in practice probably only some of them (e.g. attributes) are needed in most cases.  I guess adding the Download button I mentioned to get the full report would satisfy the particular need of getting the material for a forum post (and is probably easy to do).

Download button for device SMART data in webGui

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=38415.0

Bonniel said that he added this feature. Is it in the latest beta? Was it missed?

Download button for device SMART data in webGui

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=38415.0

Bonniel said that he added this feature. Is it in the latest beta? Was it missed?

Version B15 has only the attributes download for a disk, it was already requested before to get a complete report instead. This will be available in the next release.