After Parity Check, Docker Containers No Longer Work

Hello All!

Long time lurker, first time poster. I have been with UNraid for the past few months, and I have to say I am very happy with it so far. Currently running beta6, and having some issues w/ docker

I did a parity check last night, and ever since then docker has not been working. I am not 100% sure it is related, but it is a fairly strong coincidence...

Docker containers start, then exit. It seems to be some sort of mounting issue, possibly permissions. The error message I get in the majority of my containers is:

setup mount namespace bind mounts stat /mnt/cache/docker-appdata/sabnzbd-data: no such file or directory

Couchpotato, Sickbeard, SabNZBD & Headphones all have the same, or  very similar messages.

MariaDB is a little different:

140801 21:03:14  InnoDB: Operating system error number 2 in a file operation.
InnoDB: The error means the system cannot find the path specified.
InnoDB: If you are installing InnoDB, remember that you must create
InnoDB: directories yourself, InnoDB does not create them.
140801 21:03:14  InnoDB: Error: trying to open a table, but could not
InnoDB: open the tablespace file './MyVideos78/directorlinkmovie.ibd'!
InnoDB: Have you moved InnoDB .ibd files around without using the
InnoDB: commands DISCARD TABLESPACE and IMPORT TABLESPACE?
InnoDB: It is also possible that this is a temporary table #sql...,
InnoDB: and MySQL removed the .ibd file for this.
InnoDB: Please refer to
InnoDB: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/innodb-troubleshooting-datadict.html
InnoDB: for how to resolve the issue.

I have tried repairing permissions, deleting containers, deleting images & redownloading, even reinstalled docker! But to no avail nothing seems to be working...

When I ran "newparms /mnt/cache/ I started with a new error message:

"/sbin/my_init": permission denied

But I believe I know why, the docker directory does not have the right permissions to start hte container, so I am in the process of reverting that now.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

After playing with this for several hours, I kind of got it resolved.

Renamed docker folder to docker.delete

Reinstalled Docker

Reinstalled containers

Reinstalled images

Cried a bit after I realized that ALL of my data settings got wiped.

Felt bad for a bit and rebuilt.

Gotta say, it was a very odd coincidence that right after I do a Parity Check, docker fails to work. I am stumped.

Never, I say NEVER - NEVAH !!! run newperms in the docker directory (defaults to /mnt/cache/docker).

You will mess up a lot of btrfs subvolumes, make them faulty.

This is 100% correct, hence the error message I got:

"/sbin/my_init": permission denied

------

FWIW.. that has not been my experience.

Only thing that I changed from working docker to non-working docker. I am not saying the Parity Check caused it, I am just saying its a fairly big coincidence. But that is the past and now I backup my docker container data weekly

The only relativity small issue I am running into now is that I cannot delete the old docker install. I renamed it to docker.old and ran rm -rf on it. Everything except btrfs/containers/<subvolumes> delete, I can an, "Operation Not Permitted" error.

Only thing that I changed from working docker to non-working docker. I am not saying the Parity Check caused it, I am just saying its a fairly big coincidence. But that is the past and now I backup my docker container data weekly

The only relativity small issue I am running into now is that I cannot delete the old docker install. I renamed it to docker.old and ran rm -rf on it. Everything except btrfs/containers/<subvolumes> delete, I can an, "Operation Not Permitted" error.

Use this script: https://github.com/gfjardim/dockers/blob/master/rm_docker_home.sh