[DOCKER CONTAINER] pyTivo

For all you TiVo lovers out there. Based off needos work (thanks!) and also lucasnz's fork of pyTivo

https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/pinion/docker-pytivo/

The command I use myself for this one in unRaid is:

docker run -d --net="host" --name="pytivo" -v /mnt/user/:/media -v /mnt/cache/docker/apps/appdata/pytivo/:/config -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro pinion/docker-pytivo

2014-08-05

• Updated as we try to get push to work. For now please run this in Host networking mode if you need it all
  • Documentation cleaned up/clarified
  • Capture log to config directory (breaking docker logs but you can tail the log in the config folder)

2014-08-04 Take 2

• Merged in ljm42's changes making this a whole lot more awesome! Including:
    • tivodecode and tdcat
    • Set it to run as user nobody (which I screwed up)
    • Documented it about 1000% more than what I had

Thanks ljm42!

2014-08-04

• Updated to revert to Phusion 0.9.11. It just makes sense to keep it there since some of you might care about taking up gigs of space with base images
  • Added ffmpeg (durh, might need that huh?)
  • Looking forward to ljm42's updates which should bring tivodecode and tdcat!

I notice you opted to use a different version of the base OS from all the others

FROM phusion/baseimage:0.9.12

rather than

FROM phusion/baseimage:0.9.11

for my own curiously and to feed into the best practices was this intentional and if so why?

Nice work

I used 0.9.12 because I was reading up on their site about how to properly create the Dockerfile and exactly what their goal is with it and what not so I could more fully understand what I was doing instead of just copying someone else's Dockerfile.

Who is in charge of determining when we'll have a mass migration? Should I give that person access to my repo so they can maintain it?

I don't think I need to worry about docker bug 2267 so I guess I could revert to 11 and take the fix for it out. But on the other hand are people going to complain when the main containers move to something else and I'm happily using 0.9.11 or whatever?

The whole thing is rather off putting.

I used 0.9.12 because I was reading up on their site about how to properly create the Dockerfile and exactly what their goal is with it and what not so I could more fully understand what I was doing instead of just copying someone else's Dockerfile.

Who is in charge of determining when we'll have a mass migration? Should I give that person access to my repo so they can maintain it?

I don't think I need to worry about docker bug 2267 so I guess I could revert to 11 and take the fix for it out. But on the other hand are people going to complain when the main containers move to something else and I'm happily using 0.9.11 or whatever?

The whole thing is rather off putting.

I'm not saying that. I'm not very fond of phusion or it's my_init (I think supervisor has better runtime management) but I migrate my containers so users don't have to download a second image to use mine and needo's, for an example.

Nevertheless what I said, you're free to use whatever you want to build your containers. My response was addressed more to NAS than to you.

I revised your code and it's very neat!

Thank you for this!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the work on this. I’m afraid I’m stuck though. I’m running unRAID v6b10a. I was able to get the docker container to install and run. I can access the pyTivo settings page and add in the necessary information. On my Tivo I can see the MyMovies share, but when I go there I get a message stating “The MyMovies PC has no recordings. Press LEFT to return to the My Shows List.” Also, when I click on the link to push files to the Tivo, I get an error message that Safari can’t open the page (when I try in Chrome it says No Data Received).

Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

I'll have to revisit this. If you don't hear back by the end of the weekend hit me up in a pm to remind me to look. No time tonight I'm afraid.

Edit: although I will ask, are you running in host mode? We couldn't get it to work otherwise. Then just make sure your shares are matching up to where you have media.

I am in host mode. I have the shares entered correctly, but I still think that's where the issue is. I'll play around more with it tomorrow night.

I wish I could help more. I just reinstalled from scratch after upgrading to 10a. I pushed a TV show and it's going without issue.

The command I ran was literally this:

docker run -d --net="host" --name="pytivo" -v /mnt/user/:/media -v /mnt/cache/apps/appdata/pytivo/:/config -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro pinion/docker-pytivo

Slightly different than what is in the OP because my cache directory doesn't have a docker subdirectory anymore.

In the settings I have:

Global: FFMPEG = /usr/bin/ffmpeg

My tivo username, password, and MAK are filled in.

My togo path is set to: /media/Media/tivo  -- Probably not needed

The debug checkbox is checked but I don't know why.

I added a share with type 'Video' and path: /media/Media/Movies

This corresponds to the unraid directory /mnt/user/Media/Movies since I shared /mnt/user to /media on the docker container.

I'm so sorry it took me all weekend to get back to you.