MariaDB Docker

Found this (saves me the time from having to do it myself)

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=35052.msg332789#msg332789

It looks right...  Just change the commands listed to be:

CREATE USER 'kodi' IDENTIFIED BY 'kodi';
GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'kodi';

(Don't forget the semicolons)

Hightlight all of the lines you just typed in and hit the lightning bolt to execute them.

You don't need to do steps 6 and up

then setup your advancedsettings.xml according to: http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL/Setting_up_XBMC

I seem to be getting stuck right at the beginning.  I am adding Needo MariaDB via the template, making no changes to folder or port mappings.  Without running any commands for the server, I am running Mysql workbench on my windows machine to attempt to connect to the new MariaDB.  However, I cannot seem to establish a connection.  I am using the IP address for the server, port 3306, username root, and blank password.  I get an error that "Host 'computername' is not allowed to connect to this MariaDB server". 

• 1 month later...

I would like to install MariaDB for use with Kodi. Was wondering what is the latest docker for Unraid 6. When searching in Unraid, there appear to be several depositories with mariadb dockers and I don't know what's the difference between them.

Also, primary use will be for Kodi, so wondering whether there is a step-by-step guide to set it up. Will I need workbench tools to do so?

I would like to install MariaDB for use with Kodi. Was wondering what is the latest docker for Unraid 6. When searching in Unraid, there appear to be several depositories with mariadb dockers and I don't know what's the difference between them.

Also, primary use will be for Kodi, so wondering whether there is a step-by-step guide to set it up. Will I need workbench tools to do so?

Take a look at the Koma dockers, Kodi + maria in one docker.
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd agree with trurl, if it's ONLY kodi you're interested in then use Koma, if you think you may want to use MariaDB for any other programs then go for separate containers. 

I use MariaDB for Wordpress, Owncloud, Kodi and probably some other stuff I can't remember at the moment.

As for MariaDB version I would go with the linuxserver.io version, needo doesn't seem to be around so much any more although he really is a pioneer in dockers and Unraid.  Sparklyballs also has a beta version with a GUI web admin tool built in, but I don't think he is still actively developing it and he is now a member of linuxserver.io

I should admit that I am biased being a member of ls.io though...  :)

• 1 year later...

I'm used to using PHPMyAdmin to scan and search MySQL databases when I used MAMP.  PHP doesn't seem to be installed in the mariadb docker.  What do folks use to look at their databases beyond the command line?  My client is a Mac.

Thanks

There are probably client tools for Mac, I know when I used to work with MySQL databases I had client tools for Windows. The client tools should allow you to connect to databases on the network. I don't have any specific recommendations, but a google search should turn up something.

I'm used to using PHPMyAdmin to scan and search MySQL databases when I used MAMP.  PHP doesn't seem to be installed in the mariadb docker.  What do folks use to look at their databases beyond the command line?  My client is a Mac.

Thanks

I just installed the official phpMyAdmin docker from the Docker Hub phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin repository. Just make sure to add 3 variables (PMA_HOST, PMA_USER, PMA_PASSWORD). If you want to do any config file based configuration instead of storing it all in tables, you can add an extra parameter to map an appdata configuration file to the container's /etc/phpmyadmin directory:

-v /mnt/cache/appdata/phpMyAdmin/config.user.inc.php:/etc/phpmyadmin/config.user.inc.php

It's spelled out pretty clearly in the repo info.

https://hub.docker.com/r/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/

Cheers,

-A