Disk full, help me with "smartest" share/split etc

Hi,

5.0.5 plus.

4 disks, 500GB, 250GB, 160GB + 90GB SSD cache drive (Built with "leftovers")  :D

Planing to buy a 1-2TB parity before upgrading the other disks.

Got an error in my Transmission today, that disk was full. Found my disk1 was filled to the max.

I read somewhere that it was recomended to run Transmission with a download dir to just one single disk, so I used /mnt/user/disk1/download untill now.

When things was ready d/l I moved it to the propper dir, normally TV series and Films to use with my Plex. This share is across all disks.

After going over all shares, changing them with minimum space etc (just had default 0) I still don't get much space left on disk1.

Can someone please have a look? And maybe help me out to what is the best solution. My primary use for my server is Plex for films, series and music.

I now have "most-free" 5GIG free space and use all 3 disk on "filmer" (movies) but still it is very uneven spread on the disks...

(in the picture you can see I set download to only disk3, but that was just to check if things moved it self with new settings. But all I got was 7 gig free on my nr 1 disk.

When do things rearrange on the server, when changing settings for allocation etc?

ScreenHunter_22_Aug._11_20_07.jpg.d038bcca64833ff16d1d59b51dc972a1.jpg

ScreenHunter_23_Aug._11_20_09.jpg.7ae49a2d82f0d9fee5b99557d651f903.jpg

I tried to make some new shares, moving things there, but nothing is chaning regarding free space.

I made TV series2 in adition to my already TV series.

Then I made the move within console to the new dir, set up with 10 GB free space, and "most-free".

But nothing changed...

Any idea how I can "fix" this? I do not want this to happen in the future :)

Hi lionelhutz, I did enclose a picture. But I be glad to list or print anything more.

Regarding structure I have no opinion on where files is put. I just want to make the most of the space I have. I guess my server will not exceed the number of disks in the plus license, and therefor I think I'll manage to keep track of everything regardless of the drives any directory is split between.

I only use Plex to view films and series and as long as the share is set in Plex it don't "care" how many drives or directories it is split between :)

Your pictures are of no use in helping anyone recommend a split level. However, since you don't care where the files go set it to a high number like 99.

Actually, I'd just leave it blank.    If you aren't trying to force a specific level, then there's no reason to set one.

As for ...

When do things rearrange on the server, when changing settings for allocation etc?

They are never re-arranged by UnRAID.  Changing the allocation method; split level;  included disks; excluded disks; etc. only impact the FUTURE files that you store.    Nothing already on the server is modified by changes to these parameters.