Two Plex servers with Docker?

I'm guessing this will require a second plexpass account.

However I should ask: you do know that plex offers user profiles.  I'm pretty sure it gives you full access over which media is part of a profile's library.  So long as you have your media segregated into adult and kid-safe it should work.  You'll have to do that anyway using two instances of plex.

[shrug] i can't say which is ultimately easier to manage, but you might want to look into it.

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201106526-Configuring-Multi-User

One thing that MIGHT bite you in the ass is that the docker image for pms uses the --net="host" flag, what this means is that it uses the hosts nic directly as opposed to doing NAT bridged (default), unfortunately once you use this flag all the -p flags dictating the port are ignored so you wont be able to specify a different port number for your second docker container.

correct me if im wrong guys.

edit - looks like its actually bridged not nat by default.

I tried to set up another plex server to a different container and config folder and with a bridge setup but it keeps directing me to the first plex server.

I ended up to just to share the media folders to another plex account.

Just wanted the kid to have control her own plex server.

Thanks for the help!