REQ: User Customization

My Idea:

I would like it if my unRAID box could run handbrake CLI from the usb key, writing the files to my user shares or, failing that, my cache disk.  Possible?  I don't have the knowledge to do this, but if it was of interest to others in the community maybe some of the unRAID/LINUX power users would want to look into it.  If someone took it upon themselves to make it a reality I'd happily buy them a beverage or six via paypal.

My Reasoning:

My HTPC setup is a 20" iMac running plex, a stereo, and my homebrew unRAID box.  I've set up scripts for ripping and then encoding DVD's on my iMac via handbrake CLI behind PLEX.  This is awesome, but prevents my iMac from entering sleep mode as the encode process and the sleep state don't get along. 

In the interest of preserving the life of my iMac, using less power and streamlining my experience I'd like to move this process over to the server box which is always on anyways.  I know that handbrake CLI can run on slack:  http://daryldawkins.net/2008/12/14/create-ipodiphone-videos-with-handbrake-on-slackware/

Thanks for reading,

Justin

*Separate from the question I raised, I wanted to take advantage of this post to quickly thank the entire unRAID community for their work.  The efforts that all of you have put forth made my transition into unRAID a great experience.  As a result of the community, as well as the product's quality, I am proud to recommend unRAID to anyone who will listen.*

• 1 month later...

Funnily enough I actually did this earlier - it's pretty simply if you have an unRAID development box (essentially a full slackware install to compile on), in fact by far the hardest part is getting HandBrake to compile cleanly as the current SVN version has trouble with the old version of libtool that's the default in Slackware.

Once I figure out the patch required to make HandBrake compile nicely, I'm going to write this up properly and post it here :)