My unraid has 2 ip addresses

Hi,

Unraid: v5.0.5

My Unraid box has two ip addresses. A static one defined in settings as 192.168.0.7. However, I have traced 192.168.0.101 to the same machine. 101 is a DHCP address. Why is this happening?

Here is my network config

# Generated settings:

USE_DHCP="no"

IPADDR="192.168.0.7"

NETMASK="255.255.255.0"

GATEWAY="192.168.0.1"

DHCP_KEEPRESOLV="no"

DNS_SERVER1="192.168.0.1"

DNS_SERVER2=""

DNS_SERVER3=""

BONDING="no"

BONDING_MODE="1"

The is no mention of ip address 101 or DHCP in the log, only ip 7

My motherboard is a Intel DP43TF.

How did you trace 101 to the same machine?

I was able to trace that 101 was from the machine by checking the router logs that show the same nic mac address. I then ran a continuous ping in two dos prompts to the 7 ip and the 101 ip simultaneously. I then powered down and powered up the machine to see the ping not respond and re-respond and they did as described.

Do you have a reservation for that nic in your router/dhcp server ?

101 is a dhcp address and is not allocated to the mac address through the router.

When did you set the static address in the UnRAID box?

I suspect the other address is simply one that was originally assigned via DHCP before you changed to a static address, and the router logs simply still show it.

If you reset the router's logs and power cycle it, the 2nd IP should disappear.

Honestly, it's important to restart all network devices to ensure that there are no weird ARP issues.

The surest course of action is to shut down all computers and the like, then reboot all networking devices.  After the networking devices are back up,  start your computers back up.

In the router reserve the .0.7 up address for that Mac address and then change the lease time for up addresses for whatever the minimum time length is (is normally in seconds). Then wait for at least that length of time then restart your unraid box or do a release and renew of the ip address from the command line.

If you just restart the computers on the network before the ip address lease time has expired then you are like to just have the router assign the same ip address.

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk