What is the current state of GPU passthru with beta7?

My video card died, then I moved to a new country, and when I arrived, I had a red-balled drive, so I'm currently pre-clearing a replacement, then have to rebuild the failed drive, then (finally) I can migrate to beta7.

While I wait for all that to happen, I'm trying to decide if I need to purchase a new video card to get a windows machine working in a VM with passthru, or if perhaps iGPU is finally working now.

If I need a dedicated card, what suggestions for what works 'best' in unRAID.  ATI or nVidia?

Thanks for any feedback/guidance.

Since we had the same issue with IOMMU grouping, the ACS downstream flag in the syslinux.cfg worked great, and I was able to get GPU passthru working with Windows 7. However I still had to mess with the eject scripts and such to not have the entire machine lockup on a powerdown or reset of the VM.

I plan to use the passthrough on a dedicated XBMCUbuntu or Openelec setup.

Either way your previous issue should be all set, also I wouldn't hold out for iGPU passing as it doesn't look like that's happening anytime soon.