[ESXi] Device Not Found! Turns out my M1015 is no longer being detected

Hi everyone,

Recently I have been getting an error when trying to start my unRAID virtual machine. The error was something like Device Not Found with a physical address listed. I perused through the vmWare configuration settings and noticed that my M1015 was no longer listed as a passthrough device. Hmm, that's odd as it's still there.... So I went in to edit the settings and it turns out that it's no longer listed in the visible hardware. Very odd. So I shut down the server and go into the BIOS. Scroll over to the Configuration and view the PCIe information. Here's the problem: BIOS is showing Not Detected for my PCIe slot! I have triple-checked that hardware connections in the server and everything is connected properly.

Does anyone have any ideas for me? I'm lost and unfortunately do not have another M1015 to swap in and see if the hardware failed.

Thanks!

Dave

Can you put the m1505 into another computer to see if it's detected there?

Great idea! I will try that tomorrow. Thanks

Just placed the M1015 into another machine and it was marked "Not Present" in the BIOS. I guess the card died. :(

Anyone have one for sale??? :)