[Request] Logitech Media Server

Howdy all.

How do I get this running on Unraid 6 (final) then?  I have an xml file, but I'm not sure where to stick it... /var/lib/docker and then I am not sure.

Thanks guys!

Do you have any dockers running successfully?

All sorted.  Managed to find a link to gfjardims docker repository on Github...

https://github.com/gfjardim/docker-containers/tree/templates

(for others looking for it!)

Wish this was in the original post or somewhere centralised tbh.

But everything up and running great.

Thanks again

Howdy all.

How do I get this running on Unraid 6 (final) then?  I have an xml file, but I'm not sure where to stick it... /var/lib/docker and then I am not sure.

Thanks guys!

Do you have any dockers running successfully?

All sorted.  Managed to find a link to gfjardims docker repository on Github...

(for others looking for it!)

Wish this was in the original post or somewhere centralised tbh.

But everything up and running great.

Thanks again

Go to the Plugins subforum and get the Community Applications plugin. It will give you an easy way to browse all the dockers created by the unRAID community. Current Community Dockers Count = 188. 8)
  • 5 months later...

I'm new at this so I hope I have it correct.

Your volume mapping is incorrect. AppData and LMS are not in Docker there is no Docker Folder

Logitech Media Server is in the AppData folder

It should be      /mnt/user/disk1/AppData/Logitech Media Server

or        /mnt/disk1/AppData/Logitech Media Server

or with a cache  /mnt/cache/AppData/Logitech Media Server

The LMS web GUI is at http://YourServerIP:9000

The plugin setup is at http://YourServerIP:9000/settings/index.html?activePage=SETUP_PLUGINS

Use the  @dfjarmin templates with the Logitech Media Server container and it maps it    /mnt/user/appdata/LogitechMediaServer

Suggest you remove any LMS you have loaded and get the dfjarmin templates

and then load the LMS container

OK, I know this topic hasn't been used in a while, but when I do a Google search, this is the topic that comes up.  So, instead of starting a new topic, I'll just use this one.

I installed/enabled docker and installed the community applications plugin.  Using the community applications plugin, I installed what I thought was LMS (but it shows up in Docker as PlexMediaServer).  I have /config set to "/mnt/user/appdata/plexmediaserver/" (by the way, why don't I see appdata when I go to my unraid server via Windows Explorer?  I do see this if I go through Docker though).  I have /music set to "/mnt/user/Family/Music/", which is where my FLAC music is.

However, when I try to access the LMS web GUI at http://YourServerIP:9000, I get an error.  The same occurs for the plugin set up.  Is there a configuration setting I'm missing? 

• 11 months later...

Post a screenshot. Sounds like you have installed plex instead of LMS.

Sorry, I finally figured this out.  When you go to install the LMS app, if you select a template, you actually install Plex and not LMS.  If you do not select a template, you install LMS.  That's incredibly confusing, but that's what happens.

Sorry, I finally figured this out.  When you go to install the LMS app, if you select a template, you actually install Plex and not LMS.  If you do not select a template, you install LMS.  That's incredibly confusing, but that's what happens.

If you are selecting one of the "my-" templates, then that is a template that you created and probably misnamed yourself.

You really should be using Community Applications plugin to install dockers and plugins. Much easier to find, choose, and correctly install from there, and lots of other useful features such as links to support pages.

If you are selecting one of the "my-" templates, then that is a template that you created and probably misnamed yourself.

You really should be using Community Applications plugin to install dockers and plugins. Much easier to find, choose, and correctly install from there, and lots of other useful features such as links to support pages.

If I could figure out how to use the Community Applications Plugin, I would.  I have never created my own template -- I do not know how to do that.  Really, I have such little time to work on these types of things that I perform the research I need to to be able to do something, then do it.  It's only because I had shoulder surgery and can't do anything else that I even looked at this again. And even then, I can't find a good repository of info for people like me, who have some minor amount of knowledge but who have not used the unraid interface for years.  In this case, for instance, I can find reference to using the community applications plugin, but I can't find anyone that explains how to use it.  If I go to plugins, and click on the icon for community applications, I can configure the CA, but there's nothing about installing.  By mere happenstance, I went to apps, searched for logitech, then added Lms from there.  With that, I believe you get a pulldown that will cause the same error.  Please ignore any lack of caps; I'm typing with only one hand (my non-dominant).

LMS is configured to use /mnt/user/appdata/LogitechMediaServer.  It will not let me change this to the cache.  Is this OK?

If I could figure out how to use the Community Applications Plugin, I would. 

Have to say that this is the first time anyone's ever said that.  But I think its just a misunderstanding on your part

If I go to plugins, and click on the icon for community applications, I can configure the CA
To remain consistent with other parts of unRaid, clicking on the icon within the plugins tab takes you to the settings for CA, not to CA itself.  And no real need in most cases to adjust any of the settings.  Its defaults are perfect for most people.

By mere happenstance, I went to apps,
The Apps tab is CA, and didn't exist until you installed CA

As to how to use it, personally I think the apps tab is pretty much self-explanatory, and everything that is clickable has hover help text on it.  Or alternatively, you can also look in Settings, Community Applications section, and there's a full manual that explains absolutely everything for CA proper and the other associated CA plugins available.

With that, I believe you get a pulldown that will cause the same error. 

Adding / editing a docker application via CA brings up the same template screen as when you hit "Add Container" on the docker tab.  But, you shouldn't select anything on the template drop-down, as then you are merely overriding what CA has already properly populated into the template.  If there was a way I could get rid of that drop down, I would  ;)

...  I have never created my own template -- I do not know how to do that...

Anytime you create a docker you create a template. The settings filled out in the form for the particular docker is saved on your flash as "my-LMS" for example. If you ever created a docker using a plex repository, but named it LMS, then selecting my-LMS from the dropdown would reload the settings for the template you named LMS, but since it was actually using the plex repository you would get plex. Probably something like this is what happened.

But, as already explained, you should forget about selecting from the dropdown and just use the settings that Community Applications has already filled in for you.