Alternative to MC for Server Side File Managment?

Hey Folks,

I was upgrading some hard drives and wanted to do some basic unraid house keeping.  I always have an issue with MC.  I see the menu, but I can never navigate properly within the app to move files around.

I wanted to see if there was any other GUI server side file management application other than Midnight Commander?  I know I can just map the drives to my local computer, but that would just route traffic to my computer before putting back on the server.  I was hoping for someway to move files easily on the server.

If anyone has a suggestions, or can tell me why I have this weird MC issues, that would be great.  Thanks again.

- Ton

Jonathanm,

Thanks for the tutorial, it was great :)  I think i found my problem.  Well.. maybe a workaround for MC.

If i use Terminal via OSX and go to MC.. it just doesn't work right at all.  Maybe its my terminal type or what not, but I am no expert at linux.

If I use Putty from my windows box, and then MC on my unraid.. guess what.. it works awesome!! :)  I am actually able to use my mouse and click on the vairous menu options, which is great.

Now I need to see if I can get the same experience on my OSX.

_ Ton

I really couldn't get to grips with MC on my mac so I do everything across the network, Also this ensures that I don't have any problems with illegal characters that MC can't process. A few users reported issues with MC copying illegal characters but maybe it has been sorted now, Im not sure but its so much easier for me over the network.