[PLUGIN] Web Virtual Manager (depreciated)

dmacias

You really needed a console open or monitor with the login screen.  I had lots of success with xen and then switched to kvm. But until I tried some dockers and heavy kvm vm's my memory either went bad or was exposed under those conditions. It would lock up randomly. 

I replaced it with ecc.

It also may be with your passthrough.

I just removed the webvirtman plugin and installed the vmplugin.  sadly, system died again while copying some files.  I did not have the console open at the time, and it's not showing anything on the monitor right now, so I still got nothing.

do you have "pcie_acs_override=downstream" in your syslinux.cfg file?  it's the only constant I can think of.  Ever since adding this, per jonp, i've had issues.  if you don't have this in your file, I'm going to remove it (actually, I'm going to remove it anyway).

I don't think I have anything being passed thru at this point.  I just wanted to worry about getting windows installed, and updated, and working with VNC before moving on to doing some pasthru.

I really think I have a very, very basic setup at this point, so other than that bit I added to my syslinux.cfg, I'm just using your plugins with no other modifications.

Should I have done anything other than install your plugins; vmMan and virtMan?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Throwing this out there. Does your bios support VT-d and is it enabled?

yes, and yes.

But, again, I don't believe I have even tried to pass anything thru to the VM yet.  I just want to get the VM installed and running with VNC for now.

I just killed the server again, checked/repaired the USB, then removed all plugins, extras, and packages (Added "OLD" in front of all their names, but left the folders), removed the extra bit from the syslinux.cfg file, and am about to start the server again.

This should be the equivalent of a completely stock unRAID install.  Once I confirm it runs for a few hours without issue, I'll add the vmMan and virtMan plugins back, and see how that does.

I'm so sick of stupid, unexplained, seemingly unique to me problems with my server.  The fact that LT has not responded to a defect report of the entire server crashing, confirmed by one other person does not make my happy either.  But, such is life.

In an effort to help new folks trying to get this stuff working, maybe this post should be unstickied, and the vmMan post should be stickied in its place, since that's the 'future' of these plugins.

Obviously, if/when LimeTech releases another beta, which might replace this functionality, it could be unstickied again, but who knows when that might happen.

• 1 month later...

Just upgraded to unraid 6 beta 10a. I thought I'd try out this plugin, but it fails to start.  I ran  /usr/local/webvirtmgr/manage.py runserver 0:8000 but I just get /usr/bin/python: /usr/bin/python: cannot execute binary file

any idaes?

I know this can because by arch mismatch. My unraid is a 64bit. I assume the plugin is for 64bit too.

Just upgraded to unraid 6 beta 10a. I thought I'd try out this plugin, but it fails to start.  I ran  /usr/local/webvirtmgr/manage.py runserver 0:8000 but I just get /usr/bin/python: /usr/bin/python: cannot execute binary file

any idaes?

I know this can because by arch mismatch. My unraid is a 64bit. I assume the plugin is for 64bit too.

Unless there's a reason you really want to use this plugin, I would use the vmMan plugin for 6b10 or there is also a dynamix version for beta12.  It's stickied in the kvm section.  It does everything this one does and a whole lot more. This one is dead.