unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta9-x86_64 Available

limetech

This is really bad! 

I've upgraded from beta7 to beta9 and all my containers have gone.  The documentation is all over the place - you have to go back to beta8 to change the docker configuration only to find the template directory has been moved back to where it was in beta7.  The screenshots in threads to not match what you see in in beta9

I have started Docker and I understand that I need to redownload the docker files, but I can neither access my original templates nor access the new ones. 

Please fix this urgently.

Regards

Nc

See screenshot..

Docker2.jpg.a0f23604292a8264d5aea4d7cf799f7f.jpg

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have started Docker and I understand that I need to redownload the docker files, but I can neither access my original templates nor access the new ones. 

I'm in a similar situation, but only started running docker apps in beta8, where all was great.  Now, in beta9, although one docker app is able to run (deluge), my other docker container (LogitechMediaServer) has vanished and there are no containers listed/available to download.

HELP!!!!

All, we will work today to straighten out any confusion.  Please bear in mind the #1 most important thing to us was to first get out this patch for REISERFS.

Completely understandable.  Going from 8 to 9 worked perfectly once I followed this:

Also, maybe its just me, but I also have lost the ability to add docker containers via templates.  The drop down menu just states "Select a Template".  If I revert back to beta 8, all the templates are there, but they disappeared from my beta9

But, all of the containers which I was running before are still running.

Sorry for that.

We changed the user templates back to the flash drive:

BETA 8  BETA 9

/var/lib/docker/unraid-templates  /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user

While LT don't create their own containers, you can use several of community ones using the templates below.

[glow=red,2,300]UPDATE:[/glow]

To help the transition, I've created a template repository here:

https://github.com/gfjardim/docker-containers/tree/templates

After update the plugin, a new field will appear on the Docker extension page. Add this address there and click Save.

Maybe its just a stupid question, but I see that when the array is stopped that I now have the option to change the number of slots...  Why would I ever want to do that?

That feature was added in 6.0 beta 7.

Use it to create a BTRFS cache pool with multiple drives for fault tolerance. 

Older versions only allowed a single cache drive, but now you can have multiple drives in a cache pool.

Also, if you have a Pro key, but only have a few drives it means when you stop the array you can select it to only show 5-6 slots (or your drive number +1) instead of all 23. Just makes the GUI cleaner.

Upgrading from 6b7 to 6b9 with Docker on non-cache SSD

My array was already stopped, although powered up. Your starting place may be different. You can do this in a very similar way by loading the flash into your workstation.

Before upgrading (still booted into 6b7 with array stopped), I deleted the dockerman.plg (actually I just renamed it to ".old") in the \\tower\flash\config\plugins directory.

I then made a new directory \\tower\flash\config\plugins\dockerMan\templates-user

I then copied the templates from \\tower\flash\config\plugins\Docker to \\tower\flash\config\plugins\dockerMan\templates-user (I didn't delete the old ones yet).

I then copied the beta9 files over (bzroot, bzimage, xen, readme.txt) to the root of the flash (//tower/flash) as per Tom's instructions.

I am one that has an SSD for dockers and not using the loopback file system (although I may switch over as I'm wasting a lot of SSD space!). I removed the mount related commands from my go file (see the "#" added to front of the two lines to comment them out).

#mkdir -p /mnt/btrfs

#mount /dev/disk/by-id/ata-Samsung_SSD_840_EVO_250GB_S1DBNSCF31xxxxx-part1 /mnt/btrfs

I then rebooted (interesting but the Web GUI was unresponsive and could reboot that way, so I went to the unmenu directory and ran the power down script (99-unmenu_user_script_powerdown) which shut it down. I then powered up. I wonder if removing the dockerman plugin confused the GUI.)

unRAID 6b9 came up without any problem. Started array (mine defaults to not start). All smooth.

I went to the Docker page and added a reference to my SSD in the docker image field (/dev/disk/by-id/ata-Samsung_SSD_840_EVO_250GB_S1DBNSCF3xxxxx-part1). unRAID seemed happy with it and mounted it properly. Under the mount I saw this status:

Label: none  uuid: f79f2dd9-6838-4362-a915-36093edxxxxx

Total devices 1 FS bytes used 2.87GiB

devid    1 size 232.88GiB used 6.02GiB path /dev/sdg1

Btrfs v3.16

(Actually I didn't grab the exact content at this time. What you see above is what the field says after completing the remaining steps below. I think that because my Docker containers were re-downloaded, I am probably using 2x as much space as I should be.)

Going to the docker page, I found that my containers were not showing (I expected them to be there). I was able to click the "+" icon and see that the "my-"  templates were there thanks to my copying before rebooting). I added the standard templates directory (https://github.com/gfjardim/docker-containers/tree/templates) to the "Templates repositories:" field and clicked "Save". Now clicking the + allowed me to see both my templates and the standard templates.

From this screen I selected my first Docker template. From its configuration screen, I clicked "Add" at the bottom right, and saw the processing dialog. It said that it could not find the image file and began to download it. In the past, despite the dialog hiding part of the Docker screen, I was able to see the status of the download on the screen beneath. Not so this time. The dialog said to wait and I was patient and waited for it to complete. Took a minute or two and it said it was completed successfully. The Docker had stated automatically. I did the same for my other Docker. There were no other changes I needed to make. Both my dockers started and are working fine with no configuration changes. (Note that my appdata folders are not on my ssd - they are on my cache disk). If yours are on you SSD, you'll have some changes to make since the mount point to the SSD will have changed to "/var/lib/docker".

I did some hunting around looking at newly added files on my RFS disks. Opening text files, looking a images, etc. I saw no signs of corruption after about 10 minutes of random checking. I do have pre-beta7 md5 files that I plan to use to verify my data, and will make a followup post with my findings in a day or two.

Btrfs v3.16

(Actually I didn't grab the exact content at this time. What you see above is what the field says after completing the remaining steps below. I think that because my Docker containers were re-downloaded, I am probably using 2x as much space as I should be.)

Going to the /var/lib/docker mount point, I see the following in the root ....

total 28

drwxr-xr-x  1 root root  192 Sep 12 06:10 ./

drwxr-xr-x 12 root root  240 Sep 11 22:22 ../

drwx------  1 root root  20 Sep 12 06:03 btrfs/

drwx------  1 root root  256 Sep 12 06:10 containers/

drwxrwxrwx  1 root root  148 Aug 16 10:51 docker/

drwx------  1 root root  12 Sep 12 05:59 execdriver/

drwx------  1 root root 7176 Sep 12 06:10 graph/

drwx------  1 root root  32 Sep 12 05:59 init/

-rw-r--r--  1 root root 5120 Sep 12 06:10 linkgraph.db

-rw-------  1 root root  208 Sep 12 06:10 repositories-btrfs

drwx------  1 root root    0 Sep 12 05:59 tmp/

drwxrwxrwx  1 root root    0 Sep 12 05:59 unraid-templates/

drwx------  1 root root    0 Sep 12 05:59 volumes/

Tom - is it safe to delete and remove the "docker" folder? If so, can I just run the command "rm -r /var/lib/docker/docker"?

I've just upgraded to beta9, and my two cache devices are showing as unformatted. This has happened twice now; the last time going from beta7 to 8.

This worries me.  I was about to upgrade from Beta7 to Beta9.  I have btrfs formatted mirrored ssd cache drives.  Because of the current problems, I haven't let mover run, and I've got about 60gigs of files on my cache.  Will the files and the formatting of the cache still be in place after upgrading? 

my* templates:

root@Tower:~# mkdir /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/
root@Tower:~# cp -a /var/lib/docker/unraid-templates/* /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/
root@Tower:~# v /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/
total 40
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4096 Sep 12 10:38 ./
drwxrwxrwx 3 root root 4096 Sep 12 10:38 ../
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  868 Sep 11 12:41 my-CouchPotato.xml*
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  639 Sep  6 12:15 my-Dropbox.xml*
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  657 Sep  6 20:57 my-HTPC-Manager.xml*
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  631 Sep  6 15:36 my-MariaDB.xml*
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  772 Sep  3 21:42 my-SABnzbd.xml*
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 1035 Sep  3 23:51 my-SickBeard.xml*
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  821 Sep  3 23:21 my-XBMCServer.xml*
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root  897 Sep  6 16:39 my-ownCloud.xml*

Seems straightforward.

More worried about the unformatting cache drive.

I've just upgraded to beta9, and my two cache devices are showing as unformatted. This has happened twice now; the last time going from beta7 to 8.

This worries me.  I was about to upgrade from Beta7 to Beta9.  I have btrfs formatted mirrored ssd cache drives.  Because of the current problems, I haven't let mover run, and I've got about 60gigs of files on my cache.  Will the files and the formatting of the cache still be in place after upgrading?

Said screw it.  Copied the contents of my cache drive to my google drive.  Got a free 100gigs when I bought my chromebook 8 months ago. 

Upgrade from Beta7 to Beta9 seems to have gone smooth.  Cache drives look normal.  Ran mover manually seems fine.  Then reset it back to nightly schedule.

Your mileage may vary, f**k if I know if it will work as well for you. 

@LT What is the safest/best format to transfer to? BTRFS or XFS? or maybe wait for EXT4?  I know that are discussion on several places about this. But I need your opinion on this.

BR

Peter

I mentioned somewhere else that we are using xfs now for all AVS-10/4 server builds.

Here's an article on the subject from Redhat:

http://rhelblog.redhat.com/2014/01/07/best-file-system/

Another:

http://www.eweek.com/enterprise-apps/red-hat-releases-rhel-7-with-new-filesystem-docker-support.html

Btrfs v3.16

Going to the /var/lib/docker mount point, I see the following in the root ....

total 28

drwxr-xr-x  1 root root  192 Sep 12 06:10 ./

drwxr-xr-x 12 root root  240 Sep 11 22:22 ../

drwx------  1 root root  20 Sep 12 06:03 btrfs/

drwx------  1 root root  256 Sep 12 06:10 containers/

drwxrwxrwx  1 root root  148 Aug 16 10:51 docker/

drwx------  1 root root  12 Sep 12 05:59 execdriver/

drwx------  1 root root 7176 Sep 12 06:10 graph/

drwx------  1 root root  32 Sep 12 05:59 init/

-rw-r--r--  1 root root 5120 Sep 12 06:10 linkgraph.db

-rw-------  1 root root  208 Sep 12 06:10 repositories-btrfs

drwx------  1 root root    0 Sep 12 05:59 tmp/

drwxrwxrwx  1 root root    0 Sep 12 05:59 unraid-templates/

drwx------  1 root root    0 Sep 12 05:59 volumes/

Tom - is it safe to delete and remove the "docker" folder? If so, can I just run the command "rm -r /var/lib/docker/docker"?

Yes, you can remove the docker folder.  Not sure why you have a docker sub-folder off there though.  Here's my directory tree from my /var/lib/docker:

root@newtower:/var/lib/docker# v
total 20
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root root    81 Aug 31 01:53 autostart
drwx------ 1 root root    20 Aug 30 08:27 btrfs/
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root     0 Sep  4 23:44 community-templates/
drwx------ 1 root root  1664 Sep  8 23:00 containers/
drwx------ 1 root root    12 Aug 30 08:18 execdriver/
drwx------ 1 root root 34440 Sep  7 01:04 graph/
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root    20 Sep  4 23:44 images/
drwx------ 1 root root    32 Aug 30 08:18 init/
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  7168 Sep  8 23:00 linkgraph.db
-rw------- 1 root root  1315 Sep  8 23:00 repositories-btrfs
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root   650 Sep  1 13:09 templates/
drwx------ 1 root root     0 Aug 30 08:18 tmp/
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root    12 Sep  7 12:13 unraid/
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root root    51 Sep  4 08:43 unraid-autostart
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root    52 Sep  7 01:01 unraid-templates/
drwx------ 1 root root     6 Aug 30 08:54 vfs/
drwx------ 1 root root   392 Aug 30 08:54 volumes/

Here's what I would do though just to make sure you don't have any btrfs subvolumes accidentally stored under the extra docker folder.

1)  From command line, navigate to /var/lib/docker/docker/btrfs/subvolumes

2)  Print out a listing of the directory (use "ls" or "v")

3a)  If there are no sub-directories present, skip to step 4.

3b)  If there ARE sub-directories present, use the following command to remove them (while navigated under /var/lib/docker/docker/btrfs/subvolumes):  btrfs subvolume delete *

4)  Navigate back out to /var/lib/docker and issue a "rm -r docker" command.

I'm not sure where to report this potential bug in dockerMan.  I create my dockers just fine, but they cannot be edited.  It comes up with a blank page when I try to edit.  The my-* templates have been moved to the flash, but I think the edit is still pointing to the old location.  I can see the templates on the flash at /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user.  I can delete the container and then re-create it from the my-* template just fine.

stuff...

stuff...

Yes, you can remove the docker folder.  Not sure why you have a docker sub-folder off there though. Here's my directory tree from my /var/lib/docker:

root@newtower:/var/lib/docker# v
total 20
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root root    81 Aug 31 01:53 autostart
drwx------ 1 root root    20 Aug 30 08:27 btrfs/
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root     0 Sep  4 23:44 community-templates/
drwx------ 1 root root  1664 Sep  8 23:00 containers/
drwx------ 1 root root    12 Aug 30 08:18 execdriver/
drwx------ 1 root root 34440 Sep  7 01:04 graph/
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root    20 Sep  4 23:44 images/
drwx------ 1 root root    32 Aug 30 08:18 init/
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  7168 Sep  8 23:00 linkgraph.db
-rw------- 1 root root  1315 Sep  8 23:00 repositories-btrfs
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root   650 Sep  1 13:09 templates/
drwx------ 1 root root     0 Aug 30 08:18 tmp/
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root    12 Sep  7 12:13 unraid/
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root root    51 Sep  4 08:43 unraid-autostart
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root    52 Sep  7 01:01 unraid-templates/
drwx------ 1 root root     6 Aug 30 08:54 vfs/
drwx------ 1 root root   392 Aug 30 08:54 volumes/

Here's what I would do though just to make sure you don't have any btrfs subvolumes accidentally stored under the extra docker folder.

1)  From command line, navigate to /var/lib/docker/docker/btrfs/subvolumes

2)  Print out a listing of the directory (use "ls" or "v")

3a)  If there are no sub-directories present, skip to step 4.

3b)  If there ARE sub-directories present, use the following command to remove them (while navigated under /var/lib/docker/docker/btrfs/subvolumes):  btrfs subvolume delete *

4)  Navigate back out to /var/lib/docker and issue a "rm -r docker" command.

Jonp,

I can't speak for all new people here, but personally, I love how you are sharing how your personal setup is.  In another thread you posted your array drives are ReiserFS (when asked about your own setup).  As a linux noob, seeing all the possible options can be overwhelming, and often I don't feel like I have the vocabulary to fully comprehend the effects of all these options, but you describing your own setup gives me a fantastic point to start from.  I appreciate that, and I'm sure most linux noobs do as well.

Ogi

Seems there are a number of folks having struggles with Docker and beta9.  Would it be helpful if we created an IRC channel to temporarily help folks who need it?  Is there another medium that folks would prefer to use?  I want to make sue everyone gets the help they need to get to beta 9 and back up and running with all their containers and templates intact.

I'm not sure where to report this potential bug in dockerMan.  I create my dockers just fine, but they cannot be edited.  It comes up with a blank page when I try to edit.  The my-* templates have been moved to the flash, but I think the edit is still pointing to the old location.  I can see the templates on the flash at /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user.  I can delete the container and then re-create it from the my-* template just fine.

Experiencing the same thing. Thought it was causing my NZBDrone docker to not work correctly (couldn't manually search for episodes anymore), but that ended up being something in my /appdata folder. Never found out what, just wiped and started over and the issue went away.

Seems there are a number of folks having struggles with Docker and beta9.  Would it be helpful if we created an IRC channel to temporarily help folks who need it?  Is there another medium that folks would prefer to use?  I want to make sue everyone gets the help they need to get to beta 9 and back up and running with all their containers and templates intact.

Or join the existing one?

Yes I see the problem & will post a fix.