unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta9-x86_64 Available

limetech

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder if it was a mistake that it was available earlier and has since been pulled...

maybe that's the case. considering that you don't find any other info regarding it anywhere on the forum here.

Cheers, L

Yes that's an internal testing release uploaded to wrong place.  It has some bugs, suggest you get rid of it.  Real -beta10 will be out soon.

Does the check file system button do a check or a fix?

Click the Help button to see the answer to that.

Also the array has to be offline for this to work correct? I am using all xfs except I use Btrfs for the cache.

For xfs/reiserfs, has to be started in Maintenance Mode - because in this mode the unraid driver is started and the 'md' devices are available, but no file systems are mounted.  File system check for those file systems must be done with device not mounted.

For btrfs, array has to be Started normally.  This is because the file system check for btrfs is actually not a 'fsck' - there is no 'fsck' for btrfs.  Instead it invokes 'btrfs scrub'.  The scrub operation does more than just a fsck, and the debate is still somewhat active in btrfs development whether there needs to be an explicit 'fsck'.

unRaid by default runs all the checking/scrubbing in "read-only" mode, which can be adjusted via the options box.  Yes this is "cheating" - there should be a nice UI to with checkboxes, etc...