Fresh USB install won't boot

ZeroK

I've got three unraid pro keys, I've used this one flash drive before without issues.  I wanted to do a test on the beta 6 version and for the life of me can't get it to boot off the usb drive.  I've followed the steps exactly multiple times, I've even tried the production version 5. 

I've formatted the drive from two different Windows computers, label it UNRAID, copy the files to it, run as admin the make_bootable batch file, it says it completes fine (both v5 and beta6 and on both computers both versions say completed), I put it in two different computers to boot off of; it sees the flash drive at boot up, knows to boot off of it first but then I always get the no OS found message or please insert boot disk, etc.  I remove that flash drive, use one of my other flash drives that boot fine and both computers boot fine from it, it's just this one flash drive that I can't get to boot properly.

Anyone have any ideas?  I would think trying two different computers to make it bootable and two different computers to boot from it I would be successful at some point but I'm at a loss why it isn't working for this one flash drive.

Any help is appreciated.

So just to add....I have a brand new flash drive, follow the exact same process, boots fine.  Did the same process for the non-working flash drive, no boot.

How can this one flash drive not boot properly?

Did you select the specific flash drive as the BOOT device in the BIOS?

That could easily explain why one boots (the one selected in the BIOS) and the other does not.

Sure did, it's the only thing connected to the motherboard, I don't have any hard drives connected, I'm just trying to get it to boot right now.  I swap out the flash drive and it boots without issue, if I put this one flash drive in, nothing.  Craziest thing I've seen in a while.

some flash drives show up as removable storage and some don't. If the drive doesn't show up as removable the make_bootable file will run, appear to work, but it actuality, it doesn't.

edit make_bootable.bat and fine the syslinux line. It should have a couple of flags like 'syslinux -a...'

ad 'f' to the arguments section to 'force' syslinux to run on the drive, removable or not.

Just make sure you select the right drive or you'll wipe your windows OS drive!!

Yes all three with pro keys are the same, the one I just tried was a brand new 16gb sandisk.  The drive that isn't working was working fine until I formatted it and wanted to try beta6 so I'm clueless as to why this isn't working.  I can format it, write data to it, etc., just can't get it to boot from it.