peter_sm

OpenVPN Server & Client for unRAID 6.2+ (6.1 are still supported)

755 posts in this topic Last Reply

Posted (edited)
On 12/18/2018 at 9:36 PM, Ryonez said:

Thank you, that worked.

Would you be able to tell me what the "Extended Routing:" is for? Will I be able to have dockers/vms use the vpn, but still be able to access their web interfaces?

yes. you can test it: just get the firefox from the CA. Then go to a page which lists your IP: whatismyipaddress.com

so all traffic will go through this VPN. locally you can still access everything.

On 12/18/2018 at 9:00 PM, Squid said:

Make a folder called openvpn in the root of your flash drive.

Toss your .ovpn file in there.  Reload the settings page and you'll be able to select it and go from there.

can I somehow read those files from my appdata/ssd somehow?

Edited by Aluavin

6 hours ago, Aluavin said:

can I somehow read those files from my appdata/ssd somehow?

it's a hidden share called flash. So goto: `\\<unraidip>\flash`

21 hours ago, Ryonez said:

it's a hidden share called flash. So goto: `\\<unraidip>\flash`

I know how to find the flash drive ;) I want to minimize the read access to this one. that's why I want to move those .ovpn files to my SSD.

6 hours ago, Aluavin said:

I know how to find the flash drive ;) I want to minimize the read access to this one. that's why I want to move those .ovpn files to my SSD.

Ahh. I'd imagine they'd only be read when the connection is started. Shifting them off the flash wouldn't give any real benefit I think..

Small problem, on my unraid v6.6.6 the Server Config tab shows nothing.. VPN is working though. Tried  to investigate with Chrome and found these errors. How to solve?

2019-01-08_134819.thumb.jpg.1453e8023d5a25dcc2b097d9a1be9614.jpg2019-01-08_134855.thumb.jpg.eac50241e2271c74b02fd8c6e99e9468.jpg