Help needed - Share settings, allocation method

tman12

So I had my setup completely perfect and then I reinstalled unRaid and I think I forgot to set the allocation method so things got screwed up and I can't figure out how to get back. I have one share called Media, inside of that share I have several folders (TV, Recorded TV, Movies, Main Movies, TV Shows) so I set the allocation method to High-water with 40GB min free space and split level 2.

There are 7 disks in my system and they all have a Media folder only at the root of the drive, however some of the disks have more folders than the others. So tower\disk1\Media\Recorded TV , but tower\disk2\Media does not have Recorded TV and when I browse to \\tower\media I don't see Recorded TV

Basically it seems like Disk1 is dominating my Share, I went in and added Recorded TV folder to all disks and when I browse to \\tower\media I now have an empty Recorded TV folder. Also, I noticed I might have the movie on one disk and the fanart on another disk. So \\tower\disk1\media\Star Wars\Star Wars.mkv and \\tower\disk2\media\Star Wars\fanart - again when I browse the share I only see the data that was on Disk1

I am really struggling to figure out how I can fix this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I was able to resolve the issue, I moved some files around and made sure the Media Share was at the root of every folder. Then I set allocation method and split level and rebuilt parity. Everything appears to be working correctly now.

Archived