New drives are not showing up in /mnt/user or /mnt/user0

liquidkaos

So, I added a new 8 port SAS controller and 3 x 2TB Drives (along with a Velociraptor 300GB 10k I'm going to move my cache drive over to soon).  This let me dump the awful J-Micron 2-port SAS that used to cause me to red ball - and now I can run up to 16 drives in the server instead of only 10.

Strange thing is, I pre-cleared all 3 just fine, added to array, completed a parity check.  Everything looks great.

I started moving some files to the new drives (the existing array was 99% full) when suddenly I notice that I can't see any of them on my \\tower\media share.  I then login as root, take a peak, wtf I can't see them in /mnt/user or /mnt/user0 - but they are on the /mnt/disk9-11.  I stop the array, start the array, powerdown, power back up.  No luck.  I then proceed to modify my SHARE (which shows included ALL drives) and I notice I can't save any share configuration.  I can't edit share, modify shares, etc.  I can update the share settings on the individual drives though, just not on the custom ones.

The system log is clean as a whistle.

Ownership matches nobody:user on all folders on all 11 drives.

Permissions matches 770 on all folders on all 11 drives.

I'm a bit stumped...  GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!  Any ideas?  Did I miss something simple??

You might want to take the flash drive and plug it into a PC/Mac to run chkdisk.  Those symptoms can often be caused by an unclean shutdown which left the flash drive in a read-only mode.  You can look through the syslog to verify if this is in fact the problem as there should be a message about the flash being mounted read-only if it is. The chkdisk normally clears this.

It was something stupid.  In Share Settings, I didn't wait for the list to load (takes 5+ seconds).  While digging around on the flash drive, went to share config, noticed I had only 8 disks configured.  HAHA!  What a waste of many hours this morning  :o

PS: I still can't add / edit shares through the GUI.  Looks like I can edit the files manually and restart samba and I'm good enough for now!