unRAID v6 final - supported disk config

ianmott

I can't seem to find anyone having already asked this question. Apologies if this has already been asked or documented elsewhere. 

Assuming there's going to be a free version of v6, can anyone tell me what the supported disk configuration will be once the final version has been released? Will it be like v5, 1 parity and 2 data?

I am not speaking for the company, but I think I remember Tom saying there would be 3 slots available for any combination of  1 parity and 2 disks either data or cache. I don't know if you could assign all 3 slots to a cache pool or not. Either way, I'm sure I remember someone saying the cache drive would be available in the free version, but it would occupy one of the 3 allowed slots.

Tom actually said that would be the config for v5 final;  but it was NOT the case, as the free version still does not allow a cache.    I don't think that will change with v6 final, although I have no insight as to whether or not Limetech is re-considering this.

The free version of the 6 beta series allows a cache drive to be assigned.