Array status and VM's

ntrlsur

I didn't see it in a quick browse of the forums so thought I would ask..  It seems that whenever I stop the array my VM's get shutdown as well. I am running B10.  Is this designed behavior?  I don't remember this being the case with earlier beta versions but I could be wrong.  The reason I ask is that I run a domain controller with dhcp and a few other VM's that effect the network connectivity.  I would hate to have to shutdown VM's just to add a disk to the array..

I didn't see it in a quick browse of the forums so thought I would ask..  It seems that whenever I stop the array my VM's get shutdown as well. I am running B10.  Is this designed behavior?  I don't remember this being the case with earlier beta versions but I could be wrong.  The reason I ask is that I run a domain controller with dhcp and a few other VM's that effect the network connectivity.  I would hate to have to shutdown VM's just to add a disk to the array..

I take it you're using xen?  You could edit /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/xenMan/events/unmounting_disks. Then have your go script copy your edits at boot also you would need a shutdown script to shutdown your vm's when you shutdown unRAID.  Same goes it your using KVM and virtMan plugin.

You could just move that to a k script if using powerdown plugin.