Convert from PhAze's Plex Plugin to needo's Plex docker

You need to add volumes to the Docker in the GUI

I didn't have any issues with referencing my media. My volumes are already pretty much configured as you suggest.

The Plex updater takes AGES - what you saw is normal.  I think it took a good 10 minutes to run the update and do whatever it was doing with the library.

That's good to know. I am not bothered if it is expected behaviour. IF however, it was indicative of some configuration error I would have been going bat shit crazy trying to fix it  ;D

Hi,

I have an issue where my Agents tab in Plex (Server Server Settings>Agents) is empty, no agents to select.

In an effort to resolve this I went into the docker page in unraid and clicked the "updated" link and forced Plex to update.

Now I have an issue where when i try and load the plex WebUI i get "This webpage is not available" Magically the WebUI is back.

Is there normally some kind of latency associated with changing Docker settings and them translating to actual interactions? It took over 10 minutes for the WebUI to come back, that's after two Docker restarts.

The initial issue of no Agents still stands.

make sure all your capital letters are in place (see my post above). This was the exact issue I had and it was because switching from Phaze the word Library was different.

I thought I had my /config correct, but after rereading you post, I have changed as follows:

Original Path: /mnt/disk/SSD/docker/appdata/PMS

New Path: /mnt/disk/SSD/docker/appdata/PMS/Library/

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, thanks for this guide.

Here the steps I took and they worked OK for me.

I tried to keep my rollback plan simple and decided instead of moving the installation around to add the extra folder I would solve that problem with a symbolic link.

I did run into some permission problems, so changed the ownership of all the files. (writing this I realize, that probably invalidated my rollback plan)

PhAzE settings:

Install directory: /usr/local/plexmediaserver

Config / Library directory: /mnt/cache/Apps/Plex/Library

Transcode directory: /mnt/cache/Apps/Plex/Temp

change the path:

root@Tower:/mnt/cache/Apps/Plex/Library# mkdir "Application Support"
root@Tower:/mnt/cache/Apps/Plex/Library# cd Application\ Support/
root@Tower:/mnt/cache/Apps/Plex/Library/Application Support# ln -s ../"Plex Media Server" "Plex Media Server"

root@Tower:/mnt/cache/Apps/Plex# chown -R unraid-plex:users *

Docker Volume Mappings:

/config      /mnt/cache/Apps/Plex

/mnt           /mnt

leaving /mnt at /mnt gives the docker way more access then needed but the good thing is all the libraries set up in Plex are still using the same folders.

And it just worked!

Thanks

-- EDIT --

changed the maping to

/mnt/user/Media -> /mnt/user/Media

that still matches the beginning of the full path that Plex expects and so it still just works, but the docker can't see any of my other shares.

Liking this better.

• 11 months later...

Just FYI, now a days, I use this plex docker:  https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/linuxserver/plex/

And you log in once its up/running vs in the configuration.  Notice the highlighted part to pull the plexpass version. I also force my transcode directory onto my ssd app drive.

That doesn't work anymore....  see here: https://www.linuxserver.io/index.php/2016/04/07/changes-to-our-plex-docker-container/#more-1642

Are people still actively using Needo's Plex Docker? I thought I read somewhere he wasn't around anymore. I have an update available according to the server page, but can't seem to get it to update(tried restarting the docker, but haven't tried "manually" updating).

Plex technically works and I'm hesitant to change dockers as I've never done it before. I'm worried I'll lose all my user/guest info/settings. Any reason to switch?

Are people still actively using Needo's Plex Docker? I thought I read somewhere he wasn't around anymore. I have an update available according to the server page, but can't seem to get it to update(tried restarting the docker, but haven't tried "manually" updating).

Plex technically works and I'm hesitant to change dockers as I've never done it before. I'm worried I'll lose all my user/guest info/settings. Any reason to switch?

If you switch, your old image will still be there, it'll just start a new one. I don't remember having to redo any settings (are they saved on plex cloud?)  I am a plex pass user though so not sure if that is why.

I no longer use needo's, I use this one:

https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/linuxserver/plex/

If you're really worried, just back up your appdata path for your existing Plex docker before you do the change.  That being said, you should be fine.

I've changed Plex dockers a few times, and originally changed from Phaze's plugin, and I'm still using my original settings/library/everything.