Plex/docker appdata share permission errors

Hello, I have 10a installed and a docker for plex by needo, with an appdata share configured, works flawlessly, However I am porting over from an old plex install from another system (huge library) When I mount the share in windows and login both as root and a user created with read/write access to the share I am unable to copy any of my existing plex appdata files into the share for the docker, all I get is permission errors, is there something I need to do to be able to write to the files a docker creates?

Thanks

Sam

you might need to do a chown on that directory. I know needos docker runs with nobody:users so

chown -R nobody:users /path/to/your/app/data/config/for/plex-docker

Although it might still not work. I was trying to come from a different docker to needos and nothing I've tried works. I think if I want to switch to need's docker I'd have to start fresh.

you might need to do a chown on that directory. I know needos docker runs with nobody:users so

chown -R nobody:users /path/to/your/app/data/config/for/plex-docker

Although it might still not work. I was trying to come from a different docker to needos and nothing I've tried works. I think if I want to switch to need's docker I'd have to start fresh.

Hmm, seems the folder in question is currently set to 999:users, do you know if there is a reason for that?

Edit: also noticed that the folders the docker creates are showing as read only in windows explorer via the samba share so changed the permissions to 777 as a temp fix to get the data on and am now able to copy everything in, is there any way to change the default permissions for dockers? or is it best practice to keep 755 permissions?

Make a backup of the folder and do what I said before. Then start the docker again.

I set the permissions to nobody:users and it still wouldn't let me write my existing data to the folder, changing the read write and execute permissions to 777 now allows me to write the data, I'm guessing I would have to set the permissions to that every time I wish to upload files via samba to that folder?