BackBlaze Reports

Your 8TB link is model WD80EFZX , a WD Red CMR, firmware  manufactured in 2016

https://aphnetworks.com/reviews/western-digital-red-wd80efzx-8tb/2

And your links were for ebay purchases. As I said prior ebay products can be sketchy. I much prefer Newegg, BestBuy or Amazon.

So I am not surprised to see older products listed on ebay as new are old. Unlike Newegg or even Amazon. Older models of WD and Seagate are often sold  at BestBuy as a discount as older products.

35 minutes ago, Vetteman said:

you would find the Amazon WD 10 TB is from 2017

I'm sorry, where did I say that these were new models? In fact one of the links posted specifically mentions it's an old model:

image.png

You mentioned:

On 12/2/2023 at 3:30 PM, Vetteman said:

So I hardly think there would be any 4 year old WDs in stock at Best Buy, Newegg, etc being sold as new

And clearly you still can, but I see this conversation is not going anywhere so I going to be like Elsa and let it go ;)

Sorry but my intent was not to be confrontational or argumentative. I was simply trying to make a point, that NEW WDs follow the rebranding. Any prior to the 2020 branding are OLD stock and perhaps USED.

I did maintain that eBay is a place you need to investigate before purchasing and it is on ebay where there is confusion not with Newegg, BestBuy and perhaps even Amazon.

Again sorry....

• Upvote 1