[Needo] Deluge Plugins not working?

Hi, to whom it may concern, I would like to use Deluge 3rd party plugins with Needo's docker container.

Problem I am having is that the plugins will not "enable". I navigate to Preferences->Plugins in Deluge, "tick" the plugin box that I wish to activate (plugin .egg files are in data directory), but they do not take effect. The preferences for the plugin do not appear and no effect can be noticed by trying to enable plugins.

Please can someone assist

Hi, to whom it may concern, I would like to use Deluge 3rd party plugins with Needo's docker container.

Problem I am having is that the plugins will not "enable". I navigate to Preferences->Plugins in Deluge, "tick" the plugin box that I wish to activate (plugin .egg files are in data directory), but they do not take effect. The preferences for the plugin do not appear and no effect can be noticed by trying to enable plugins.

Please can someone assist

I certainly had the scgeduler plugin working with needo's Deluge.  I'm now running binhex's version and have scheduler working there too.  I'm preety certain that I first installed the plugin while running Needo's.

Peter are you aware that there are 3rd party plugins (installed via .egg files) and then the plugins that ship with deluge which you merely activate?

Okay, I hadn't understood the significance of "3rd party" in your text, but went by the title which didn't mention it.  Anyway, as you will gather, I no longer run needo's deluge docker. but I have just now tried installing 'Pieces'  with binhex's docker, and it works fine.

However, I am unclear as to whether plugins attach to the daemon or the gui front end.  What plugin are you attempting to install?

Hey Peter, I installed binhex' version shortly after posting this topic and it does work on binhex. The only small problem I encountered was that the python version of the plugin needs to match that of the host, I believe the version of plugins that works with binhex' deluge docker container is is 2.7.

To re-iterate, I don't think needo's supports 3rd party plugins (I am uncertain as to why though).

Regards,

Nokoff

I'm running needo's Deluge docker, and I'm pretty new/inexperienced with Deluge, and torrents in general for that matter.

I found a torrent I want, but hitting the magnet link doesn't really do anything.  If I copy that link location, I can manually add it to deluge, and that seems to work.

however, after it tries to download a bit, it errors out and I see this listed in the details of the torrent...

Permission denied: /mnt/cache/downloads/incomplete/Archer.S05.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264/Archer.2009.S05E08.The.Rules.of.Extraction.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-iT00NZ.mk

Also, whenever I have the Deluge window open in a tab, my whole computer SLOWS DOWN, so that keystrokes and navigation clicks are delayed, sometimes by a second or more.  I assume this isn't normal.

Any ideas on how to resolve these 3 issues?

[*]magnet links don't work

[*]Permission denied

[*]slow response while GUI open

Just a noob making suggestion based on my experience.

1) Try using a chrome-to deluge addon, or firefox if that's your browser of choice, hopefully that will have magnet link download handling. PS: There are 2 for deluge specifically and a couple that support multiple torrent clients to try.

2) For the permissions error, make sure that your path that you want to use in deluge is passed through to the container in your docker container config. If it is then use winscp to ftp into your box and chmod the download directories to 777 (or use putty).

3) No idea ;(

I ended up installing Torrent Status 1.16, and that is working to pass the magnet links to deluge, which is VERY handy.  Thanks for the advice.

the permissions error was my user error.  I passed /mnt/user to /mnt/user in the setup, but not /mnt/cache.  I changed my path in deluge, and all is well.

Except for permissions on completed files.

I just finished a download with Deluge, and I'm having an issue with permissions on the downloaded files.  I can't move them with windows, or with my media player (in windows).

The permissions are...

root@media:/mnt/user/video/Download/Veep.S03.720p.HDTV.x264-RARBG# ls -l
total 4
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users  34 Sep  8 23:11 RARBG.com.txt
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 152 Sep  8 23:50 Veep.S03E01.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 136 Sep  9 04:34 Veep.S03E02.720p.HDTV.x264-2HD/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 152 Sep  8 23:02 Veep.S03E03.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 152 Sep  9 04:36 Veep.S03E04.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 152 Sep  9 04:39 Veep.S03E05.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 136 Sep  9 00:58 Veep.S03E06.720p.HDTV.x264-2HD/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 152 Sep  9 00:06 Veep.S03E07.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 152 Sep  9 04:40 Veep.S03E08.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 152 Sep  9 04:37 Veep.S03E09.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 152 Sep  9 04:39 Veep.S03E10.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS/

and the actual files themselves are...

root@media:/mnt/user/video/Download/Veep.S03.720p.HDTV.x264-RARBG/Veep.S03E01.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS# ls -l
total 856576
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users 877118213 Sep  9 04:33 veep.s03e01.720p.hdtv.x264-killers.mkv
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users     11127 Sep  8 23:50 veep.s03e01.720p.hdtv.x264-killers.nfo

it looks like I'm missing the rw flag on the files.  I can't find any place in deluge to set permissions. 

I did a bit of searching, and it seems one can set a umask, but it looks like that needs to happen at the run/start command, which I think we 'bypass' with docker.

So, any way to automatically set permissions on downloaded files from torrent?

I am running  needo/deluge:latest and added YaRSS2-1.3.2-py2.7.egg so it most certainly supports plugins

It must be down to python version or something... I can't get any to "activate". And by that I mean in plugins I tick the box, click apply, but nothing I do after that takes effect. When I go back to preferences whatever plugin I ticked is now unticked.

It shouldnt be since the whole point of docker is that what I have you have. Although to be fair these dockers do clever updating things.

Remove the plugins. INstall the GTK client on your PC. Ensure your plugin folder is in your config dir on unRAID and then install the plugin using the GTK client. Be careful to match versions

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the exact same issue with the files created and downloaded by Deluge, did you manage to fix this at all?

Having to run newperms all the time is a tad bit annoying.

I ended up installing Torrent Status 1.16, and that is working to pass the magnet links to deluge, which is VERY handy.  Thanks for the advice.

the permissions error was my user error.  I passed /mnt/user to /mnt/user in the setup, but not /mnt/cache.  I changed my path in deluge, and all is well.

Except for permissions on completed files.

I just finished a download with Deluge, and I'm having an issue with permissions on the downloaded files.  I can't move them with windows, or with my media player (in windows).

The permissions are...

root@media:/mnt/user/video/Download/Veep.S03.720p.HDTV.x264-RARBG# ls -l
total 4
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users  34 Sep  8 23:11 RARBG.com.txt
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 152 Sep  8 23:50 Veep.S03E01.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 136 Sep  9 04:34 Veep.S03E02.720p.HDTV.x264-2HD/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 152 Sep  8 23:02 Veep.S03E03.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 152 Sep  9 04:36 Veep.S03E04.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 152 Sep  9 04:39 Veep.S03E05.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 136 Sep  9 00:58 Veep.S03E06.720p.HDTV.x264-2HD/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 152 Sep  9 00:06 Veep.S03E07.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 152 Sep  9 04:40 Veep.S03E08.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 152 Sep  9 04:37 Veep.S03E09.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS/
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 152 Sep  9 04:39 Veep.S03E10.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS/

and the actual files themselves are...

root@media:/mnt/user/video/Download/Veep.S03.720p.HDTV.x264-RARBG/Veep.S03E01.720p.HDTV.x264-KILLERS# ls -l
total 856576
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users 877118213 Sep  9 04:33 veep.s03e01.720p.hdtv.x264-killers.mkv
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users     11127 Sep  8 23:50 veep.s03e01.720p.hdtv.x264-killers.nfo

it looks like I'm missing the rw flag on the files.  I can't find any place in deluge to set permissions. 

I did a bit of searching, and it seems one can set a umask, but it looks like that needs to happen at the run/start command, which I think we 'bypass' with docker.

So, any way to automatically set permissions on downloaded files from torrent?

I'm having the exact same issue with the files created and downloaded by Deluge, did you manage to fix this at all?

No, but I honestly didn't try very hard.  A quick search led me to information on how it might be done using umask, but I didn't really look into how to do that.

I was kinda hoping someone would chime in with a solution  :P

• 2 weeks later...

It shouldnt be since the whole point of docker is that what I have you have. Although to be fair these dockers do clever updating things.

Remove the plugins. INstall the GTK client on your PC. Ensure your plugin folder is in your config dir on unRAID and then install the plugin using the GTK client. Be careful to match versions

In my own adventure to get YaRSS2 working, I found that the UI for it would only show up on the Linux GTK client. The Windows clients (and I tried several versions) would show UI for other plugins, but not for YaRSS.

I'm using the execute plugin to run a script to fix permissions after each torrent finishes. Something like this, though my script-fu is weak and there might yet be something wrong with it.

#!/bin/bash
torrentid="$1"
torrentname="$2"
torrentpath="$3"

chmod -R u-x,go-rwx,go+u,ugo+X "$torrentpath/$torrentname"

I put the script in the deluge config directory, made it executable, then told the execute plugin to run it when it torrent completes.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a different issue

Was testing deluge, installed binhex version, passed /mnt/user/Downloads and /mnt/cache/appdata

The downloads are working - but are going to /var/lib/docker/~/root/downloads directory

How do i change the downloads directory to go to the right one.

When I force the downloads path through Deluge preferences to /mnt/user/Downloads - it gives a permission denied error

There is some issue of the correct permissions not going through,

1. Where is the /var/lib/docker folder physically stored?

2. Who is the docker user - is it nobody or something else? Why is the user not able to see the mnt folder locations even when forwarded through the config on install

3. Is there a way to move the downloads from /var/lib/docker/~/root/downloads location

• 3 weeks later...

I was able to locate the folder deep in /var/lib/docker/btrfs/subvolumes by doing a

find . -name "File Name"

Then, had to copy over the files manually back to my user share.

Now, wanting to script something that will do it automatically.

Anyone have a deluge script they can share for copying completed torents to my user share under /mnt/user/Media ?

• 1 year later...

I can't for the life of me get YaRSS2 to enable. I get this:

2016-03-19 12:58:11,143 DEBG 'deluge-web' stderr output:
[ERROR ] 12:58:11 client:391 RPCError Message Received!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RPCRequest: core.enable_plugin(YaRSS2)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/core/rpcserver.py", line 299, in dispatch
ret = self.factory.methods[method](*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/core/core.py", line 528, in enable_plugin
self.pluginmanager.enable_plugin(plugin)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/core/pluginmanager.py", line 82, in enable_plugin
super(PluginManager, self).enable_plugin(name)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/pluginmanagerbase.py", line 151, in enable_plugin
component.start([instance.plugin._component_name])
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/component.py", line 290, in start
if self.components[name]._component_depend:

KeyError: CorePlugin.YaRSS2

How'd you guys do it?

Thanks.