Preclear - ATA Error Count: 104

Hi,

I was running unRaid 5.0-rc12a and decided to upgrade to unRaid 6 and figured it would be a good time to test out my drives by preclearing them.

I concurrently precleared 3 drives and two of them cleared without errors but the third (which was used as the parity drive in the unraid 5 setup) had some errors but I do not know what they mean. They show up in the preclear_start file as well as the preclear_finish for that drive. Does this mean that this drive is bad or soon will be or what do you recommend? I have attached the preclear reports if you would please take a look and offer your advice and suggestions.

Thank you

preclear_results.txt

preclear_rpt_ML4220F30AJA8F_2014-10-06.txt

preclear_start_ML4220F30AJA8F_2014-10-06.txt

preclear_finish_ML4220F30AJA8F_2014-10-06.txt

Hi,

I was running unRaid 5.0-rc12a and decided to upgrade to unRaid 6 and figured it would be a good time to test out my drives by preclearing them.

I concurrently precleared 3 drives and two of them cleared without errors but the third (which was used as the parity drive in the unraid 5 setup) had some errors but I do not know what they mean. They show up in the preclear_start file as well as the preclear_finish for that drive. Does this mean that this drive is bad or soon will be or what do you recommend? I have attached the preclear reports if you would please take a look and offer your advice and suggestions.

Thank you

The drive appears to be fine now, Precleared successfully.  About 420 operational hours ago, there was a bad sector, and it was dealt with, no problems since.  If you are still in doubt about the drive, try Preclearing it one more time, but I'm rather confident you should see the same result.