Unraid Freezing

Hey Guys,

I've been having issues with my Unraid system locking up since upgrading from beta 9 to 10a.

Whats the best way to checkout the logs to perform a diagnosis?

I hope its not hardware related but it could be a coincidence that it happened at the same time I upgraded.

Any tips on troubleshooting would be really appreciated :)

v

I replaced the cables for the raid card, and found that only some drives were showing depending on which ports they were plugged into on the raid card.

Its about 10 years old and has had a hard life of data thrashing before being put in my UR rig. So its time to retire it by the looks of things.

Ive replaced it with a M1115 flashed to IT mode and all my drives are populating again, however I have a new issue in that they are no longer being identified as the original drives (syslog attached). It appears that the Cache and Parity drives are intact however the WD drives do not seem to be referencing the original drives serial numbers?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. :)

syslog_vsixtyfour.txt

Were those WD data drives on the Areca controller? Then they probably showed strange numbers not related to the true serial number like: 20004d927fffff800. If you know for sure which disks are datadisks and which are parity and cache you have to set a new config. Be carefull though, you migh wait for a second opinion from more knowledgable people.