[DOCKER] Transmission with PIA VPN and killswitch.

hi guys, my delugevpn docker is currently a serious WIP, i am still playing with it at the moment so it could be unstable/broken  8). i am working on making sure 100% no ip leakage when the vpn tunnel goes down, looking at probably using iptables to rerstrict traffic to the tunnel adapter only, i will post back here once i think its in a fit state  ;D

oh and btw yes your right i did delete the delugevpn docker, as i thought i had a working solution using socks5 proxy instead with deluge (using anonymous_mode flag), turns out socks5 is not the way to go, at least not with deluge, as it still leaks your real ip even with this set if proxy goes down, not good, thus its back with a vengeance and for keeps this time!  ;D

ok, as promised i thought i would let you know after a LOT of farting about (and some very late nights) with this docker i got it to run as i wanted, it now runs Deluge and tunnels all traffic (apart from webui and local loopback) via the tunnel to prevent any ip leakage. it is set to use privateinternetaccess as the vpn provider, so please supply your pia username and password in the environment variables, its currently hard set to use the Netherlands as the end point for the tunnel, i will be changing this in the future to allow you to choose any PIA end point.

ok to use the docker add my repository and then click on the "reload info" button to refresh the repo, then click on + (do not use your currently defined template if you have one).

Ive created my own support thread now, so any issues please post over here:- http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=38055.msg352286#msg352286

for those of you who are brave/curious if you want to prove this is working as intended then please do the following:-

add a torrent to deluge, then:-

# enter running container

docker exec -it binhex-delugevpn /bin/bash

# run top and kill openvpn process via PID

kill <pid number of process openvpn>

You should see all traffic slows and then stops in the webui, there should be NO outbound or inbound traffic, if there is then please let me know.

Great Work!

Just set it up and it's working like a dream.

Only query I had is that I killed the PID for OpenVPN and in the web interface I still got protocol traffic although my download and upload did indeed drop to zero.

Is that expected?

Here's the relevant part of the screen attached to my post.

EDIT: Just noticed one other thing, I I go to the UnRAID WebGUI docker tab and click on Deluge icon then WebGUI I get the correct web address other than it's HTTPS rather than HTTP and won't connect.  Once I change it to HTTP it works fine.

deluge.jpg.8e156fc56092344001a5ba83eebbb26f.jpg