problems ejecting/unmounting using SNAP

Hi everybody,

I am using SNAP to mount some drives (ReiserFS drives on unRaid 5) in 2 different unRaid servers. When I am trying to unmount them, all choices on right click are greyed out (except for 'refresh status' and 'delete share name'. So i cannot unmount or reject unless I reboot. Should I stop Samba? Is there something obvious I am doing wrong? Basically, I would be happy if I could force an unmount action.

Thanks in advance

Hi everybody,

I am using SNAP to mount some drives (ReiserFS drives on unRaid 5) in 2 different unRaid servers. When I am trying to unmount them, all choices on right click are greyed out (except for 'refresh status' and 'delete share name'. So i cannot unmount or reject unless I reboot. Should I stop Samba? Is there something obvious I am doing wrong? Basically, I would be happy if I could force an unmount action.

Thanks in advance

If the 'B' icon is on, the drive is busy and cannot be unmounted.  You need to stop all activity on the drive before it will unmount.

If the 'B' icon is on, the drive is busy and cannot be unmounted.  You need to stop all activity on the drive before it will unmount.

Actually, in this case, I had 2 drives mounted to SNAP, only one was being used but the other one was not allowed to unmount for some reason. When I stopped using 1st drive, I could unmount both of them.

Still there have been some cases where the drive appears to be busy while it is not, so I cannot unmount...

How are you determining that the drive isn't busy?

I use

fuser -mv /mnt/*/* 
lsof /mnt/*	

The only process shown is smbd

At the command line you can do the following.

/boot/config/plugins/snap/snap.sh -MW ShareName

This command will wait for the drive to not be busy then it will unmount.

Thanks, I will have that in mind, although I have a feeling that for some reason, when I have this problem, the drive does not stop being busy